Status : Casual
Reporting to the General Manager and/or designate the Receptionist will be responsible for all aspects of reception and office procedures. The Receptionist is also responsible to monitor and respond to the tenant emergency call system (24 hour responder).
- Organizes and maintains the functions of the reception desk.
- Greets and communicates with all residents, guests, staff, volunteers, and visitors in the facility in a courteous and professional manner.
- Answers and transfers all telephone calls in a pleasant, friendly, and helpful manner. Takes message if necessary. Ensures a return call (to caller) if person is not available.
- Monitors and responds to the tenant emergency call system (Lifeline).
- Coordinates shift coverage due to short calls (less than 24 hours’ notice); thereby, filling the vacancy (due to sick calls, etc.); as required. Following established facility guidelines/procedures.
- Supporting the activities of the reception team: orienting members to the work routines, assisting with task and ensuring accurate and timely task completion.
- Follows policies and procedures of the facility.
- Assists other departments in an administrative capacity, (recreation calendar, monthly newsletter etc.).
- Responsibility for the booking of any rooms for meeting/training.
- Performa all other duties as required.
- Booking vacant shift, ensuring adequate staffing as per the schedule and licensing requirements while adhering to the collective agreement and relevant procedures.
- Monitor and respond to the assisted Living tenant emergency call system
- Grade 12 education.
- Graduation from a Secretarial/Administration program would be considered an asset.
- 2 years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.
- Computer literate with intermediate or advanced Excel and Word.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Customer service oriented; interest/passion working with seniors.
- All successful applicants must pass the vulnerable sector Criminal Record Check applicable to Provincial guidelines.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft Office software ( Word, Excel, Mail and others)
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to type 45 wpm.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize.
- Knowledge of general office procedures.
- Ability to manage high volume of work and manage several tasks at once.
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others.
- Ability to demonstrate tact, diplomacy, empathy, patience and concern in providing quality services to residents.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience
Date Posted October 11, 2023