The Project Manager will assume end-to-end planning and agile delivery of a large scale, multi-year digital transformation project to redesign SE Health’s homecare service. This end-to-end service redesign and implementation will be guided by emerging models of care that are enabled by digital technology, and co-designed with our employees, clients, and their families. This transformation returns the focus of homecare to client experience and health outcomes, by designing an inherently digital service that allow our 6000+ care providers to deliver holistic and integrated care more easily to our more than 1.2 million clients annually.
As the Project Manager you will manage and coordinate four workstreams of the project; three focused on redesigning and implementing the new end-to-end experience for our care providers, administrative employees, and back-office employees, with the last focused on delivering the required technology solutions. Each workstream will be headed by a project/technical lead who will look to you for project management leadership and coordination.
To this end you will exercise your well-honed project, change, risk, and relationship management skills to expedite decision making, ensure alignment and synergy across workstreams, and facilitate nuanced problem solving with internal project, operational and leadership partners.
This role is 2.5 years project with a potential to be a permanent position. The role would be eligible for vacation, medical and dental benefits.
Planning and Execution
- Manage the daily operations of the project’s streams through a multi-disciplinary team by providing project management expertise and guidance
- Partner with clinical and business leads to ensure that clear goals, scope, deliverables, approach, governance, and timelines are established
- Scope, plan, and achieve project deliverables using leading practices, methods and tools (e.g., JIRA, Trello, Microsoft Teams, etc.), within specified timelines for each stream, often with concurrent with competing timelines
- Identify and manage complex inter-dependencies between streams and with key partners, and ensure alignment of stakeholder engagement plans across the entire project
- Maintain clear, detailed project management documents; prepare, monitor and manage project plans and other artifacts
- Monitor project progress, identify and mitigate risks and issues, and communicate project status and progress to stakeholders, including executive sponsors, project teams, and business users
- Manage and track project budget/variance and takes corrective actions
- Demonstrate experience with risk management practices and approaches to projects/programs, including risk planning, execution and response development through project delivery.
- Monitors and ensures effective and efficient use of the control mechanisms so that major project decisions, such as solution design and scope changes, are approved by project sponsors and senior management
- Pull diverse and interdisciplinary groups together, emphasizing interdependence and shared overall objectives
- Identify resource needs and work with Managers to direct resources appropriately, including assignment of staff resources, delegating, scheduling and prioritizing work (while this role does not have any direct staff reports you will lead a large team of diverse staff to achieve common goals)
- Leverage vendor and contractor relationships to elicit the right mix of talent and skills to work together with internal teams to align on common goals and execute on project plans
- Foster an agile mindset within the teams and ensure adoption of agile process and continuous improvement
- Ensure development of robust stakeholder engagement plans, communication plans, evaluation plans, reporting processes and achievable project plans
- Maintain a strong focus on change management and communications across all stakeholders with an emphasis on customer service
- Establishes effective communications channels to ensure stakeholders are fully engaged and aware of project status; provides frequent clear and concise reports regarding ongoing issues, progress updates, challenges and opportunities.
- Five to eight years of experience leading/enabling large-scale (>$1M) and strategic projects including those with cross-departmental scope involving technical complexity and third-party vendors
- Master’s degree (preferred) or undergraduate degree in an appropriate discipline (e.g. health services research, health/business administration, health sciences)
- In-depth knowledge of project management principles and methodologies (e.g., agile, waterfall) and the ability to coach team members on their application
- Proven ability to manage a large workload with changing priorities and challenging deadlines, including experience managing diverse delivery teams located across North America
- Excellent communication and stakeholder relationship skills, including the ability to build collaborative working relationships, consult, influence, persuade, and resolve conflicts
- A collaborative leadership style and the ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Superior analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities, with the ability to anticipate and respond to issues as they arise
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, using sound judgment and distilling complex concepts for diverse audiences
- Strong attention to detail and logical thinking with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to lead change initiatives successfully within ambiguous environments and navigate uncertainty and ambiguity
- Strong commitment to inclusive planning and rallying people with diverging interests
This is a hybrid role and would require travel to our Markham office on an as needed basis.
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.