Make an Impact on Seniors Health!
We provide care and independence to our residents, using a client- and family-centered approach that incorporates the most current research into practice. When you choose to join SE Health, you become part of a diverse and collaborative care team where you’ll apply your skills – and your heart – to provide services that support our residents to live and age well. You’ll make a difference in their lives, and they’ll make a difference in yours! This position would be for our facility in Calgary Millrise Seniors Living located at 14911 5 Street SW Calgary, Alberta, T2Y 5B9: https://seniorsliving.sehc.com/locations/millrise
Status: Part -Time ( 6:30 AM - 10:30 AM )
Week 1: Mon, Tue, Wens, Sat
Week 2: Sun, Tue, Wens, Thurs
Why join our team?
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You’ll benefit from our orientation and mentorship programs. Our clinical practice and nursing teams will support you with comprehensive care plans and modern models of care that will mean you’ll always be supported to provide the best possible care to your clients.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
Reporting to the Support Service Manager and/or designate, the Server will participate in food and beverage preparation, presentation and service of meals. Service includes delivery of all meals and snacks in the dining room and other resident areas. Service is to be provided to residents, guests and the public. Servers participate in the set up and service for special events.
In addition to regular service duties, the Server is responsible for receiving grocery orders and placing stock in the appropriate storage areas. The Server is also responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and organization of storage areas.
Include but not limited to:
- Serves food, beverages and accompaniments to residents according to individual preferences and diets. Ensures plate presentation, serving temperatures, portion control procedures are followed.
- Carries out duties such as setting and clearing tables, scraping dishes, racking/stacking dishes, washing dishes, and transporting dishes as required.
- Performs general cleaning tasks as per site cleaning schedules in the service area, preparation areas and kitchen, including pot washing.
- Assists in food preparation as assigned by the Lead Chef or Support Services Manager.
- Ensures food and beverage is properly stored and labeled in storage rooms, coolers and freezers including leftovers.
- Receives, uncrates, and properly stores all incoming order stock. Maintains stock areas and assists with inventory listing.
- Breaks down cardboard and properly disposes of refuse.
- Practices and maintains department policies, procedures and objectives regarding quality assurance, safety, sanitation, and infection control as required by the Health Department and facility.
- Establishes and maintains an atmosphere conducive to pleasant dining by creating an environment which maintains the happiness, self-respect, general dignity and physical safety of each resident.
- Promotes and maintains positive communication and relationships among staff, residents, and guests.
- Prevents the spread of infection by proper hand washing, appropriate glove use, following prescribed cleaning techniques, and proper handling of chemicals.
- Attends staff meetings and education sessions as required.
- Other related duties as required by the Lead Chef or Support Services Manager.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Food Safe and Sanitation Certificate required.
- Grade 10 or equivalent of education, training, and experience.
- Experience in dining room service an asset.
- Knowledge and experience with kitchen equipment and machinery an asset.
- All successful applicants must pass a Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Check applicable to provincial guidelines
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to demonstrate professionalism in providing quality services to residents.
- Ability to take direction, follow instruction, and learn procedures.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
- Must be able to lift a maximum of 25 kg or 55 lb, push, pull, stretch, reach, crouch and kneel as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally in English.
About SE Health:
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience
Date Posted November 2, 2023