We have a hands-on BI opportunity and looking for someone with end-to-end Business Intelligence knowledge of delivering BI solutions. The successful candidate will be involved in transforming the current BI architecture: creating new designs and data models that enhances reporting, T-SQL programming and development in all areas of BI and creating new dashboards and reports. Successful candidate will also have significant stakeholder/client facing requirements gathering skills as well as some project management knowledge.
This is a hybrid role: it is primarily remote but would require travel to our Markham office on an as needed basis
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Requirements gathering and analysis
- Lead BI initiatives and projects from conception to completion
- Establish and enforce project management methodologies appropriate for different projects
- Requirements gathering and analysis; user stories, technical/data specification documents, etc.
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions: interviews, facilitation meetings, etc.
- Data modelling and SQL Querying
- Design conceptual, logical, and physical structure of data to be used in various BI solutions
- Data modelling and dimensional modelling (including their implementation via T-SQL)
- Architect, design and develop database views, tables, cubes, stored procedures, and other backend components (using T-SQL)
- Accountable for end-to-end BI solutions
- Participate in ETL approach and design
- Understand business needs and challenges to inform and envision required analytics solution
- Develop facts, attributes, hierarchies, KPIs
- Partner with other technical counterparts in the organization to help achieve the end solution implementation goals
- Be the analytics solutions SME for internal team and stakeholders in the organizations
- Hands-on assistance and leading in troubleshooting issues to identify root cause and help develop relevant resolutions
- Keep up to date on latest trends and technologies which can help SE in providing better analytics / intelligence solutions to business
- Strong accountability – be the owner for the products, projects, solution areas (from ideation to support)
- Collaborate with BI team on daily basis on solving problems, sharing ideas, providing inputs, sharing best practices
- Maintain business acumen to fulfill the role
- About our environment: Currently, SE BI team utilizes SQL Server back-end environment for querying; SSIS for ETL; MicroStrategy for reporting. SSAS-style (MDX-compliant) multidimensional environment.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Health Informatics, Information Systems, Business Management, Computer Science, or specialized training / certification
- Familiarity with, or high-level of, end-to-end BI development lifecycle including ETL, data discovery, data quality, reporting, data visualization, etc.
- At least 2 years of focused database or BI development experience in Microsoft SQL Server, writing complex SQL queries
- At least 2 years of experience developing analytics solutions – preferably reports, dashboards, metrics, attributes, data model, cube design, etc. on a major reporting platform such as Power BI, Microstrategy, SSRS, or Tableau, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of T-SQL: complex query concepts, OLAP queries, etc.
- General understanding of BI architecture; SSIS/ETL architecture, SSRS/reporting architecture, data warehouse principles and dimensional models
- Experience in working closely with business to identify business needs and analytics opportunities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, ability to take direction and work independently
- Passionate to learn and help make a change in the healthcare industry through innovation
- Attention to detail and produce quality work outputs
BONUS TO HAVE:
- Microstrategy platform
- Custom visualization development
- Agile based delivery.
- Other development languages/frameworks.
This role is a 2-year project with a potential to be a permanent position. The role is eligible for benefits and vacation
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.