Independent Contract or employment options are available. Stable Hours!
We are looking for a Occupational therapist to join our Transitions Team. Working with a collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of healthcare professionals, you will be an advocate for your patients care, ensuring a holistic approach to health. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the front-line of health care innovation in Canada.
Role: Part time, stable hours
Primary Area : South Barrie and Innisfail
Sign on Bonus - $3000
We are seeking several dynamic, passionate Occupational Therapist (OT) who want to be part of the transformational change in home and community care by providing care in a truly client-centered approach. You are excited about working in an environment that puts the care team in the driving seat; being part of a self-directed team that offers a high level of professional autonomy and responsibility. You will be part of a diverse care team that will provide services to a roster of clients in the community. You be part of a collaborative team that will conduct joint care planning with a focus on client-centered goals addressing client’s physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual domains, creating a holistic care plan. Each client is assigned a primary care clinician, a member of the interdisciplinary team who will lead care planning for that client and facilitate interdisciplinary team to reach client’s care goals. As part of the SE Transitions team, you will be a part of the team that will be accountable for the care and services you provide and the outcomes your clients achieve.
Why join our team?
- Competitive Compensation . Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You’ll benefit from our orientation and mentorship programs. Our clinical practice and nursing teams will support you with comprehensive care plans and modern models of care that will mean you’ll always be supported to provide the best possible care to your clients.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Manage your life. At SE, you’ll have the flexibility to manage your schedule to balance your life. You’ll be supported with the time you need to meet the needs of your clients, meet your own needs, develop yourself and your career, and to be part of a team.
- Paid travel time, between clients
- Mobile device and 3 uniforms provided
- You will be part of a distinguished Canadian, not-for-profit organization with a century of experience
- WorkPerks®, which gives access to exclusive discounts from leading brand name companies and trusted local businesses.
- Provision of comprehensive care in an interdisciplinary team
- Primary contact for a client when designated as the primary care provider/clinician for the client’s interdisciplinary team
- Provide continuous and comprehensive support to your team in the delivery of care for your client’s
- Complete a client assessment and develop an interdisciplinary care plan based on best evidence/practices and on client’s unique needs.
- Lead the care planning process and work with other disciplines to complete and implement interdisciplinary client care plans
- Facilitate regular interdisciplinary team communication (e.g. huddle, rounds, status updates) when designated as the primary care provider/clinician
- Lead discharge and transition care planning discussions during regular integrated team meetings with their front-line staff when designated as the primary care provider/clinician
- Facilitate and organize family and caregiver meetings
- Support the client through care transitions by collaborating and connecting the client with community support services in their local community.
- Support clients, families and caregivers to develop strong self-care strategies, anticipate and address health issues, as well as optimize their health through effective health promotion strategies
- Registered in good standing with the College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- Experience in one of the following areas: home/community care, acute care, chronic disease management, health promotion, palliative care and mental health
- Having diverse experiences with different client groups and practice settings will be an asset
- ADP authorized
- Community experience is an asset.
- Demonstrated clinical leadership experience
- Enthusiasm and love of community rehabiltiative care and interest in sharing knowledge
- Excellent assessment skills and a strong clinical background
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable with excellent organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative and adaptable to rapidly changing demands
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated skills working independently and in a team environment
- Excellent skills in case management and working with/coordinating interdisciplinary care teams
- Vulnerable sector check (current).
- Membership with the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists is an asset
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and the ability to travel.
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com