Are you looking for a unique experience as a Nurse Leader within our expanding SE Health Senior Living Business Line?
If so this is your opportunity to join our team to work in an exceptional residential setting supporting seniors with a variety of chronic diseases. You will be able to actively engage and support them ‘living their lives’ with enthusiasm and a passion for life. You have the privilege to “Spread Hope and Happiness” daily with your residents, families, staff and partners. Your role will build off leading edge models of care maximizing on innovative tools and resources as we continue to build our Senior Living brand.
SE Health is seeking an experienced RPN with sound, knowledgeable management skills with confidence in your clinical skills and abilities.
You will provide exceptional customer service skills and must be excellent in building relationships with residents, families, staff and other partners within the continuum of care. We need a leader that has the ability to engage, empower and build confidence in your PSWs and others. With a goal to create a positive, collaborative working environment grounded in mutual trust, understanding and compassion.
- Provide leadership to PSW care team, work within the residential model successfully to meet/exceed on contractual deliverables inclusive of clinical care with leading edge practices.
- Responsible for hiring, scheduling, monitoring, teaching delegated tasks, supervising and evaluating the work performance of all front line staff. Identify and address discipline and training needs in collaboration with HR and Administrative staff.
- Build a work environment that is characterized by mutual respect, support and appreciation for colleagues and peers.
- Monitor, evaluates standards of care and ensures compliance with organizational and contractor policies and external regulations, including participating in site audits.
- Ensures high quality service delivery through collaborating in and facilitating residents’ occupancy and admission processes, obtaining feedback from residents’, families, and employees, responding to all queries and addressing concerns promptly.
- Coaches and role models excellence to ensure that services are delivered according to the relational model of care, including supporting the creation and evolution of a living environment.
- Builds a culture and working environment where PSWs are able to engage with seniors, their families, and staff in a way that builds on partnership and mutual respect, where choice is supported and lives are lived to the fullest extent.
- Manages the annual budget and related financial aspects, including scheduling of staff, ordering of medical and other supplies required, reviewing variances and implementing corrective actions.
- Work collaboratively with the your SE Regional Director along with our Advanced Practice Leaders, Futures and Research teams along with many other SE Health partners.
- Builds effective relationships, liaises, and works cooperatively with other Residential site Leaders other service providers, and stakeholders.
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and plans to support operations.
- Must have an RPN Certificate with current CNO certification in good standing.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years experience/knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. RHRA, HPA, NIA, PPIC, OH&S, Public Health) and leading best practices within residential care.
- Managerial/Supervisory experience required within a retirement/residential living environment
- Highly developed leadership skills with proven ability to motivate and engage staff with excellent verbal/written skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to use relationships, communication, empathy and compassion to enable the management of conflict and challenging situations in a highly diplomatic and professional manner
- Critical thinker, with well-developed analytical, planning and problem solving skills to assist and support meeting the contractual obligations/requirements (financial, quality outcomes, operational metrics)
- Working knowledge/experience with continuous quality improvement and risk management practices.
- Experience with staff scheduling, planning, forecasting working collaboratively with your internal/external partners
- Working Knowledge of UCP supervision, teaching and delegation legislations, regulation and practices.
- Comfort and experience with a matrix approach to reporting and working with others.
- Extensive experience with providing services within Person and Family Centered Care model.
- Demonstrated experience with adult education principles, learning and approaches.
- Ability to participate in an on-call rotation to ensure that supports are available for residential sites across province
- Certificate in gerontology or health care administration is an asset.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.