School Health Support
|# of openings:
We are currently hiring a Diabetes Support Technician (DST)
We are committed to supporting CHEO to help children with diabetes manage their medical, nutritional, and psychosocial needs to empower them to live their best lives.
The Diabetes Support Technician provides in-person, at school, insulin administration and/or diabetes support, in collaboration with a virtual nurse and an SE Diabetes Care School Program Facilitator.
The Diabetes Support Technician:
· Receives education specific to child development, interpersonal communication, diabetes, emergency management, insulin administration and insulin pumps, in addition to child-specific training
· Provides in-person, at school, insulin injection and/or diabetes care, as per the Individual Care Plan, with the guidance and oversight of a virtual nurse
· Attend program huddles with hospital care team, as required
· Works collaboratively with the care team, including the child and family, as well as the school staff and leadership
· Escalates any risks or identified issues, as appropriate
· Demonstrates professionalism
· Maintains and submits accurate client records, as required
· Uses communication tools to effectively communicate with members of the team
· Participate in program evaluation and process improvement
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online email@example.com
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results