Make an Impact on Seniors Health!
SE Health HCAs are the best of the best. We provide care and independence to our residents, using a client- and family-centered approach that incorporates the most current research into practice. When you choose to join SE Health, you become part of a diverse and collaborative care team where you’ll apply your skills – and your heart – to provide services that support our residents to live and age well. You’ll make a difference in their lives, and they’ll make a difference in yours! This position is for our Taylor View Towers facility in Red Deer,
Status: 35 Hr Biweekly 16:00-21:00
Why join our team?
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You’ll benefit from our orientation and mentorship programs. Our clinical practice and nursing teams will support you with comprehensive care plans and modern models of care that will mean you’ll always be supported to provide the best possible care to your clients.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
The Health Care Aide is a key member of the care team who provides care for residents living in seniors living facilities using a client and family-centered approach that incorporates the most current research into practice.
- Provide hospitality model service to residents, including personal care, activities of daily living, laundry, light housekeeping, assistance with meal delivery, orderly or porter service, assistance with recreational activities and leisure activities as per individual care plans.
- Provide Medication Assistance Program requirements as per resident care plan
- Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information (maintenance issues, concerns) to the LPN in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate flexibility by being willing to change routine to accommodate needs of the resident.
- Provide quality service according to the Care Plan and SE Health policies & procedures, including participating in the development and updating of care plans.
- Charting within approved documentation system daily
- Actively participates in all ongoing educational programs
- Registered with the Alberta Health Care Aide Directory
- Up to date immunization record including a current TB test within 1 year.
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 90 days
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team, with excellent organizational skills to manage your schedule.
- Compassionate, respectful, and sincere manner, with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner Effective problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- This is a physically demanding position and requires hand, arm and shoulder dexterity, sensory ability, lifting to a maximum of approximately fifty-five (55) pounds, walking, standing, bending, reaching, and frequent movement.
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.