The Business Systems Analyst’s role is to support the planning, design, development, and launch of efficient business systems in support of core organizational functions and business processes. This includes eliciting, analyzing, specifying, validating and implementing technology solutions to meet business requirements through interviewing stakeholders to understand the technology solutions they need. Gathering and analyzing data in support of business cases, proposed projects, requests for proposal and systems requirements. The Business Systems Analyst is also responsible for generating and compiling reports based on the findings, complete with probable causes and possible solutions to systems issues. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues to maximize the benefit of IT system investments.
While providing support to your HR and Payroll clients, you will be responsible for:
- Application Support
- Work with the business & internal support teams to resolve production issues for assigned applications. Use your experience to effectively identify and mitigate technical issues.
- Write SQL scripts and/or resolve technical issues to address gaps in functionality and/or performance of applications as necessary
- Support the migration of new software programs across different phases of the project (DEV to UAT)
- Conduct functional testing efforts for enhancements, fixes and upgrades when a QA resource is not assigned.
- Liaise within the team for efficient implementation of software fixes, new software products or systems and for resolution of any issues
- Develop and maintain user manuals and guidelines
- Generate statistics and write reports for customers and/or team members
- Create Process Efficiencies and Project Support
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures to identify process improvements
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of business requirements, and specifications on a project-by-project basis. Document, develop and implement, either independently or with a team, the technical solution required to support those requirements
- Create systems models, specifications, and diagrams to assist with the interpretation of user requirements into feasible technical options.
- Conduct interviews/client meetings to gather user requirements via workshops, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Assist in design sessions and prototyping new solutions
- Develop an understanding of existing business processes and recommend changes that leverage best usage of the application
- Design and monitor software tests on new and existing programs when a QA resource is not assigned
- Maintain appropriate Change Management processes for Production changes.
- Assist in research sessions in prototyping new solutions to enhance business processes, operations, and information process flow.
- Support managing and tracking the status of requirements throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support the purchase and implementation of Cloud-based and/or vendor solutions by assisting in defining specifications, preparing Request for Proposal (RFP), solution evaluation and selection.
- Assist in defining project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation
- Be willing to engage in life-long learning with respect to professional development, training and courses of study
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or other technically relevant degree
- Minimum 4 – 7 years of Analysis experience providing project implementation and support in a structured systems development environment. At least 1 of those years MUST be in a Systems Analysis capacity.
- 3 - 5 years working experience with an enterprise HCM, preferably PeopleSoft Core HCM.
- PeopleSoft North America Payroll and Time & Labor experience is an asset
- Prior past development experience is an asset.
- Experience supporting the development and implementation of web-based software solutions, specifically on both functional and technical levels, as well as system interfaces to vendor and/or Cloud-based solutions.
- SQL and/or other Query language knowledge
- Familiarity with data quality and governance issues and requirements
- Experience in requirements analysis, system design proposals, cost/benefit analysis and testing in support of solution development.
- Ability to work with clients, end-users and other IT professionals, specifically in building relationships and managing expectations.
- Experience in the operation and analysis of database hardware, software, and standards, as well as data retrieval methodologies.
- Project management skills.
- Experience in defining, implementing and/or enhancing requirements gathering processes and templates.
- EHR and Health informatics experience is an asset.
- Ability to conduct research into production issues
- Exceptional attention to detail with proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong customer service skills
- Working knowledge of ITSM/ITIL process analysis and improvement (Service Catalogue, Change Incident, Request, Problems etc.)
- Highly motivated with the ability to produce quality work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and adaptable in learning and understanding new technologies & processes
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work in a team oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to work flexible hours
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
SE Health is monitoring the global COVID-19 pandemic closely and following all public health directives, including recommendations from the World Health Organization, Government of Canada, and federal and provincial health authorities. Our top priority is the health and safety of our clients, their families and our staff.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Human Resources at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.