We require the talents of a highly motivated team player with exceptional writing, leadership and stakeholder management skills. The candidate needs to be an effective communicator and strong collaborator who thinks strategically, communicates effectively, writes concisely, and utilizes critical thinking and strong problem-solving skills in the role of Proposal Manager. The successful candidate will have proven leadership abilities and a demonstrated ability to work comfortably in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with constantly evolving needs.
- Lead/manage the end-to-end proposal process from receipt of RFP to the delivery of the final product (including unsolicited proposals)
- Actively participate in proposal strategy development and bid decision meetings and plan, manage and execute the written responses to RFPs/RFIs/RFQs, including complex proposal requests- ensuring compliance with mandatory RFP requirements
- Ensure adherence to the SE Health proposal process; establish schedule and key milestones, and ensure deadlines are respected by the proposal team members
- Interview and collaborate with business line leads and subject matter experts to develop solutions to address client-specific needs, including working with subject matter experts to develop and write service models for proposal responses
- Assist in identifying key features and benefits of the solution and support the development and writing of win themes and competitive differentiators
- Translate complex solutions into easily-understandable proposal language which is professionally written, concise, accurate and client-specific
- Prepare client presentations in support of proposal submissions and new business opportunities
- Leverage existing proposal content to increase productivity/enhance effectiveness of proposal process
- Support opportunity leads throughout the execution of all steps in the procurement process (opportunity qualification through solution design through closing) including the development of presentations, unsolicited proposals, etc.
- Work effectively within challenging deadlines and under pressure, including the management of multiple bids/proposals simultaneously
- Independently manage timelines and deadlines and deliver results with limited supervision
- Meet emerging business needs by routinely monitoring communication outside of traditional business hours and taking action, as required
- Participate in trend analysis, proposal debriefings and similar opportunities to ensure continuous quality improvement and to identify enhancements for proposal written content and process
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related discipline is required
- Minimum of 5 years’ writing and business experience is desirable
- Exceptional business writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience with an established provider of complex services /solutions is desirable, health care experience is an asset
- Proven track record of successful collaborating with sales / opportunity leads and developing written service models, methodologies and work plans
- A high level of strategic and critical thinking, attention to detail, s uperior planning, time management and prioritization of skills are a must
- Analytic and creative thinker who can collaborate with opportunity leads to develop customized, client-specific solutions
- Exceptional project management and team leadership skills
- Ability to work independently and effectively in rapidly changing environment with challenging deadlines, including the management of multiple bids/proposals simultaneously
- Strong communication skills and experience working with stakeholders at all levels
- Proven flexibility and self-motivated team player
- Proven ability to produce high-quality work while facing competing priorities and strict deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize activities and stay focused in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-changing environment
- Advanced proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Excel is required, Visio and InDesign are an asset
- Completion of Shipley training and/or Association of Proposal Management Professionals (APMP) certification is an asset
- Proficiency with desktop publishing software (InDesign and Photoshop) is an asset
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license are preferred
This role is hybrid and requires some travel to the Markham office.
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
Please note that due to the unprecedented circumstance of the Global Pandemic and the resultant public health crisis; and in the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org at your earliest convenience.