Looking for a nursing role that offers autonomy and an opportunity to make a difference?
SE Health is hiring Licensed Practical Nurses to join our team in Montreal. This is a position for dynamic nurses who have a passion for seniors’ health and the aging population. You will use your clinical skills and apply a patient and family-centered approach to ensure that our residents receive the highest quality care.
Status: Casual - with weekend availability
Why join our team?
- Competitive Compensation. Our Total Rewards package includes a competitive salary, group benefits, RRSP pension, and exclusive perks/discounts available only to SE Health staff.
- Develop yourself with SE. We have education bursaries, Tuition Assistance Programs, continuing education, training, and professional development to support your life-long learning. You’ll benefit from our orientation and mentorship programs. Our clinical practice and nursing teams will support you with comprehensive care plans and modern models of care that will mean you’ll always be supported to provide the best possible care to your clients.
- Grow your career. SE health is a large national organization with diverse healthcare business lines. You’ll have an opportunity – and will be supported – to do different types of roles in different locations if that is what you’re interested in. Or you can pivot to supporting or leadership positions where you can use your skills to contribute and make an impact in different ways.
- Manage your life. At SE, you’ll have the flexibility to manage your schedule to balance your life. You’ll be supported with the time you need to meet the needs of your clients, meet your own needs, develop yourself and your career, and to be part of a team.
- Paid travel time, between clients
- Mobile device and 3 uniforms provided
- Provide hands-on care to residents according to the Care Plan and Community policies and procedures.
- Report changes in resident conditions as well as any other pertinent information to the appropriate decision makers in a timely manner.
- Assist in the monitoring of non-regulated care partners assigned to carry out the care plan, including supervising, teaching delegated tasks, coaching, and supporting as per the hospitality model.
- Identifies health, safety or maintenance issues, and reports as required.
- Liaising with AHS and other health care professionals, families, and any other people required in order to facilitate the highest level of resident care.
- Actively participates in team meetings and training/learning opportunities as required.
- Charting on daily basis using electronic charting system
- Perform all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- LPN Certificate, current active registration with the OIIAQ in good standing.
- Updated immunization record
- A satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Check issued in the past 60 days is required
- Valid CPR Level C
- Recent experience working with elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a supportive living environment.
- Palliative care experience is an asset.
- Compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner.
- Good oral and written communication skills (other language skills an asset).
- Flexible, adaptable to changing work environment to meet resident needs.
- Good computer skills
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online firstname.lastname@example.org