SE Health is looking to hire HCA’s to work in Edmonton and the surrounding area. SE Health is hiring on behalf of Care at Home by ExquisiCare and currently seeking casual Health Care Aide's for all shifts and hours (Days, Evenings, and Night shifts) throughout the Edmonton area.
Care at Home by ExquisiCare matches individuals in need with reliable and compassionate home care, personal care and skilled nursing services.
Care at Home is brought to you by ExquisiCare, Edmonton’s most caring and professional boutique provider of residential, supportive living accommodations and care for the elderly.
For our Care at Home clients, family is of utmost importance. At Care at Home we strive to provide seniors with the quality of loving, assisted living care that they would receive from a family member, to enhance quality of life and give peace of mind.
Under the direction of the Care Manager, the Lead Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) will use evidence-informed nursing knowledge, skill and judgment to provide integrated and holistic nursing care. Within the scope of practice appropriate to an LPN, they will meet the physical, safety, emotional and spiritual needs of clients and their families.
As a Lead LPN at Care at Home, you will:
- Oversees and participates in Client requests and needs
- Monitors and supports implementation of education programs developed by Care Manager
- Answer phone calls and supervising any emergencies after hours and weekends.
- Responsible to cover any vacant shifts or sick calls during weekends and afterhours.
- Complete regular client assessments
- Mentors new and existing care partners: Health Care Aide (HCA) and LPN
- Evaluates all health care staff on an ongoing basis with respect to meeting competency requirements; reports to Care Manager as need arises
- Assesses, supports and mentors LPNs in wound care; observes and gives direction to health care staff
- Advocates for health care partners and clients
- Monitors all tracking tools to ensure are partners are in compliance; follows up on staff discrepancies
- Attends care conferences and communicates client concerns to appropriate Manager
- Reports incidents to Care Manager afterhours as appropriate
- Assumes responsibility to follow up with Care Manager
- Participates on the following committees: IPC committee, OH&S committee, Quality Improvement Committee
- Assumes the role of Fire Warden
- Work within their practice statement, competencies and conduct as defined by the Health Professions Act or other relevant legislation, and governing professional organizations
- Ensure client care is delivered in a way that maintains client dignity, privacy, and acknowledges independence, spirituality, and individuality.
- Current LPN Certificate registered with the CLPNA in good standing.
- Valid First Aid and CPR certificates.
- Recent experience working with the elderly or disabled persons, preferably in a home care environment.
- Palliative care experience is an asset.
- Experience leading others with strong collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate a compassionate, respectful and sincere manner, with the ability to deal with conflict in a diplomatic and professional manner (strong conflict management skills).
- Strong oral and written communication skills (other language skills an asset).
- Flexible and adaptable to a changing work environment
- Good computer skills
Please apply online Naziakomal@sehc.com