As a Nursing Manager, you will oversee the delivery of client care for our visiting nursing team in our Service Delivery Centre and Remotely (hybrid position). You will ensure high-quality clinical care is delivered by engaged and experienced nurses, covering the North York, Central Simcoe and Alliston regions. You will manage client, employee, and operational metrics to ensure team performance. You will support the team by drawing from the expertise you will bring, grounded in previous leadership/management roles with strong clinical, customer service, and technical skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES.
- Provide leadership and engage the team of approximately 70 staff to achieve or exceed performance targets
- Maximize team performance through the effective and efficient utilization of resources, including optimization of RN and RPN scope of practice.
- Promote engagement with SE’s private pay business, as appropriate for client circumstances.
- Utilize projections in determining and forecasting resource needs.
- Compile, analyze, and evaluate data to support evidence-based decision-making.
- Implement communication strategies to promote shared vision and collaborative working relationships.
- Engage with and support special projects or new programs as required.
People Management and Team Development
- Regularly evaluate performance and ensure the development of skills and competencies required to achieve Saint Elizabeth’s vision and strategies.
- Coach and manage employees with performance issues and consult appropriately with Human Resources.
- Interview, select, hire and onboard/orient new employees.
- Follow employee relations/labour relations processes and relevant policies and procedures.
- Facilitate and maintain team development, by providing opportunities to support staff education.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements (Employment Standards, WSIB, Health & Safety legislation, etc.).
Quality Service Delivery:
- Manage high-risk issues, conduct complaint and incident investigations relating to client/employee issues, and develop appropriate risk management action plans as appropriate.
- Respond to client feedback and service inquiries in a responsive and timely manner.
- Ensure client care plans are appropriate and executed consistently.
- Communicate with staff and stakeholders in an effective and timely manner.
- Conduct or facilitate home visits for the purpose of customer service
- Take appropriate action to understand and meet client needs and preclude refusals of client service
A regulated health care professional designation (RN) required holding a current professional license, in good standing, to practice in Ontario
- 3-5 years of management or supervisory experience in a healthcare organization.
- Bachelor’s degree is required (RN) - Registered Nurse.
- A minimum of six (6) months of community nursing experience is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Sound understanding of documentation standards.
- Critical thinking and sound problem-solving skills.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, with multiple competing priorities.
- Outcome-oriented and able to achieve desired results.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent computer skills/knowledge and familiarity with scheduling systems
- Ability to work in an on-call after-hours rotation
- Updated immunization record, clear criminal background check, and Vulnerable sector check is required upon hire
- A vehicle and valid driver’s license and willing to travel in Toronto
About SE Health
At SE, we love what we do. Every day, we bring hope and happiness to clients, homes, and communities across Canada. We treat each person with dignity and love, like our own family; we build empathy; and we do the right thing. We are always inspired to make a difference. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we share knowledge, provide the best care, and help each client to realize their most meaningful goals for health and wellbeing. We are an inclusive workplace offering competitive pay, benefits, pension, and work life balance. We’re a great place to work, and we hope you’ll join our team.
In the interest of the health and safety of our patients/clients, employees, and greater good of public health, SE Health requires those that wish to work for this organization to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Fully vaccinated means a person has received both doses of the COVID-19 vaccine and it has been 14 days since the last dose.
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
Please apply online HinaKhalid@sehc.com