|Hamilton - Wentworth
|# of openings:
About Saint Elizabeth
SE Health is a national health care provider that has been opening the door to new possibilities and experiences for more than a century. Recognized as Canada’s largest social enterprise, we employ 8,000 people and visit 18,000 clients every day. Through the SE Health Research Centre, Health Career Colleges, the SE Health Foundation and our leadership in person and family centered care, we are helping to make the future of health care brighter and stronger. SE Health Health Care was awarded the Canada Order of Excellence in 2015.
As one of Canada's most comprehensive driver rehabilitation programs SE Health’s Driver Assessment and Training provides functional driving assessments and driver rehabilitation services for people with disabilities and medical conditions. The driving instructor will provide support to the occupational therapist (OT) during the on-road driving assessments and will implement the OT treatment plans through on-road driver rehab training for clients with physical, cognitive and psychological disabilities under the supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
· Assist Occupational Therapists to conduct in car assessments and driving instruction
· Provide a vehicle equipped with an instructor’s brake and appropriate auto insurance
· Deliver effective driver rehab training as per the occupational therapy treatment plan to clients with disabilities.
· Provide, prepare, inspect and maintain your instructor vehicle and the adaptive equipment as per the manufacturer’s requirements
· Adhere to vehicle and adaptive equipment inspection and maintenance schedules as per the manufacturer’s manual.
· Assist clients in navigating the MTO licensing process
· Document (through written notes) every assessment and training session as per SE Health documentation policies
· Communicate regularly with the Occupational Therapist regarding clients participating in driver rehab sessions.
· Effectively respond to client needs and concerns
· Liaise regularly and effectively with team members
· Participate in all regular staff education and training as required by SE Health
SE Health is committed to the success of all its employees. If you feel you need accommodations because of illness or disability, please do not hesitate to contact the Talent Team at email@example.com at your earliest convenience
Please apply online TriptiAvasthi@sehc.com
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results