As our team at Vancouver Shipyards grows, we continue to have many new career opportunities to offer including five new General Supervisor positions in our Services department:
- General Supervisor, Labourers (Day Shift)
- General Supervisor, Crane and Rigging (Day Shift)
- General Supervisor, Scaffolding (Day Shift)
- General Supervisor, Multi-Discipline (Day Shift)
- General Supervisor, Multi-Discipline (Afternoon Shift)
The General Supervisor, Services is responsible for supervising teams of multi-discipline trades workers, determining staffing requirements and overseeing work assignments within an assigned area. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with company safety, quality, and environmental standards, policies and procedures. To ensure standards are met, the General Supervisor monitors performance and conducts performance management tasks, including but not limited to: providing advice and correction, disciplining employees, inputting timekeeping, approving timesheets, reviewing leave requests, and ensuring the collective agreement is applied appropriately for staff in area of responsibility.
- Ensures work progression in accordance with safety, cost, quality and schedules.
- Implements and enforces Seaspan Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality processes on the shop floor and strives to eliminate safety hazards at every opportunity.
- Responsible for delivering product in accordance with Company and customer quality standards.
- Allocates manpower in accordance with schedule and priorities, assigning workers with the skill and ability to efficiently complete scheduled work.
- Follows and enforces the collective agreement and management practices to manage labour effectively.
- Responsible for discipline, including performance and attendance management, termination of employment, as well as assigning or removing chargehand responsibilities.
- Partners with Services Manager to ensure trade workers have the skills, equipment, training and certifications required to perform planned work activities.
- Responsible for interpreting work order specifications and manufacturing information, ensuring work orders are completed, keeping updated on standards and changes in plans, and provisioning materials in the case of unavailability.
- Collaborates with Facilities personnel to ensure trade equipment is maintained and procured in a cost-effective manner.
- Investigates workplace incidents and completes Drug & Alcohol Checklists and testing as required.
- Responsible for timekeeping administration and approval for direct reports and indirect reports.
- Ensures work crews minimize waste expense and unnecessary delays in construction or repair work.
- Works with Management to eliminate inefficient work practices; promotes Continuous Process Improvement (CPI) daily.
- Collaborates with front line supervision to establish daily and weekly goals, and holds employees accountable for performance.
- Reports internally on work process and status to Area Managers and/or SOC Managers.
- Escalates issues to Services Manager as appropriate and implements solutions as identified.
- Promotes a work environment that is respectful and harassment-free.
- Works collaboratively with Trade Development Managers, HSE, Quality, Human Resources, and Employee Relations teams as required.
- Leads by example and demonstrates Seaspan’s Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- College degree or trades certification is preferred. Multi-ticketed is an asset.
- Minimum 4 years of related work experience on top of or outside of any apprenticeship programs, or advanced education in a related field with 2 years related work experience.
- Previous supervisory experience in a heavy industrial environment. Experience in a unionized environment preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of trade responsibilities specific to heavy manufacturing (welding, metal fabrication, electrical, pipefitting, paint/sandblasting, mechanical, rigging).
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Strong written, verbal and electronic communication skills.
- Time management and organization skills with a demonstrated commitment to follow-up and follow-through.
- Ability to motivate others, lead change, have difficult conversations, and administer discipline when necessary.
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills to resolve disagreements quickly and effectively, bringing a problem-solving attitude to conflicting approaches and priorities.
- Ability to build effective working relationships and collaborate with others towards a shared goal.
- Commitment to safety and quality, with experience in the application of behavioural based safety.
- Appreciation and understanding of the value of diversity within a team.
- Proficiency with MS Office products and web-based applications.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.