The Program Controls Specialist - Risk & Change Management is responsible for the ongoing development, coordination, and day-to-day maintenance of collaborative systems and tools. These systems and tools provide program visibility and secure access to risk and project change related to: dashboards; core business processes; repetitive periodic and ad hoc data access and reporting of project risk and change documentation. The Coordinator collaborates with IT, program directors and various department leads to proactively and continuously improve risk management support, and the delivery of information for project change. The position will report directly to the Manager, Program Controls. The incumbent will also work closely with the Program Directors to support their risk management and project change management requirements.
- Collaborate with Program Directors to develop and maintain their program specific Issues and Risk Mitigation Plan (IRMP) and Risk Register.
- Collaborate with department leads to develop and maintain their Risk Treatment Plans as required.
- Collaborate with scheduling and estimating team and prepare change impact assessment report.
- Prepare and maintain PCO (Project Change Order) and Trends.
- Establish and maintain PMB (Performance Measurement Baseline) and Forecast at Completion.
- Ensure proper change orders tracking against specified WBS.
- Establish and maintain change registers for each project.
- Establish and maintain change management dashboards for project reporting to program leads.
- Responsible to support the information required to ensure effectiveness of the program risk mitigation activities.
- Prepare and facilitate regular Program Risk Review meetings.
- Evaluate the ongoing effectiveness of the risk management process with regular feedback to Programs.
- Identify and support implementation of software and database functionality to capture program specific information and documentation related to both risk and program change.
- Maintain and administer proper security measures, user access and change or risk data integrity within the collaborative environment i.e. SharePoint, other.
- Proactively develop and maintain reporting tools, aligned with evolving business needs.
- Develop and maintain program specific reporting matrix, data inputs matrix, and data naming convention documents for the programs.
- Oversee the streamlining and implementation of front-end solutions and/or interfaces for risk management, and for project change management as required by the business.
- Develop, maintain and facilitate business input to continuously improve program specific and/or global core business processes.
- Develop and implement data maintenance processes and procedures to support/enable accurate reporting.
- Remain current on Seaspan Corporate IT and/or industry developments related to MS SharePoint and other team collaboration software and database management solutions.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering or Project Management
- Ship repair/Shipbuilding experience will be considered an asset.
- PMI Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP) certification will be considered an asset.
- 5 years of progressing and relevant experience in Program Controls or Risk Management in a complex multi-project environment, preferably in Shipbuilding or Construction industries.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Knowledge of shipyard operations with an understanding of the relationship between technical, planning, estimating, procurement, production, and program departments.
- Ability to work under pressure with limited direction.
- Experience supporting a number of programs and/or projects at one time.
- Strong analytical skills (both qualitative and quantitative)
- Strong attention to detail, organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong customer service focus and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and integrity.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent computer literacy and technical skills as follows:
- Primavera Risk Analysis and @Risk
- MS Products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, SharePoint, Project etc.
- Exposure to relational database management system (RSDBMS) such as Microsoft SQL server.
- Understanding of ERP systems and some experience of how they operate.
- Understanding of system architecture and/or data architecture that supports and enables data warehousing and data mining.
- Eligible for Canadian Security Clearance
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.