Internally Job Titled: Project Manager - Business Technology Solutions
The Project Manager works exclusively with business system related projects, which will vary in size, duration and complexity. The position is responsible for the successful planning, implementation and handover of each project to operations, including also the facilitation of organizational change management.
The Project Manager does not have any direct reports, however is responsible for supervising project team members comprised of internal staff, contractors and vendor resources.
- Management of the project team to ensure delivery of the stated project goals and objectives against the established measurement criteria.
- Leading and delivering all aspects of the project lifecycle, ensuring quality and completeness of the project delivery.
- Coordinating and managing team resource allocation, managing the deliverables and schedules of project team members to ensure timely and quality delivery of project commitments.
- Being the accountable point person for project delivery and project communications, producing regular project status reports as well as periodic update presentations to Steering Committees and other management staff.
- Manage project scheduling, estimating, forecasting, budget monitoring and cost reporting.
- Manage project issues and risks and lead conflict resolution.
- Develop the approach for and manage required communication, training and organizational change management activities.
- Transition of new processes and systems to operations, including the facilitation of operational handoff activities and post-implementation support.
Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of IT Project Management experience, with 3+ years in a Project Manager role working with complex systems and interfaces.
- A university degree in the field of business administration, computer science or Engineering
- Prior work as an IT Project Manager in an Engineering, Custom Manufacturing, Marine or Ship Building environment will be a big advantage, but is not a must.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Expert knowledge of system development lifecycle and project management best practices and methodologies.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders and drive project progress.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and oral), including presentation skills and report writing.
- Exceptional service orientation and the ability to present ideas in business and user-friendly languages
- Experience in problem-solving, change management, budget development, financial management, and risk management.
- Self-motivated, hands-on and self-directed.
- Keen attention to detail
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.