The position of Junior Detail Planner reports to the Senior Detail Planner in Electrical planning. It is expected that the Junior Detail Planner will develop in the areas of detail plan creation, budget, labour resources, work instructions, material integration, cable change management and other detail planning assignments. The role is also responsible for liaising with sub-contractors and production supervision to ensure that the plan is executable with regards to sequence of work, budget at a shop order level and correct resources assigned.
- Assist the team in maintenance of the electrical planning databases (Cloudis CMPIC & Internal Azure Database)
- Assist the team in planning the engineering change information through the databases
- Develops production work packages that include production information, material lists, and work instructions required for production execution.
- Coordinates trade input into work instructions and work packages to reflect preferred production methods and processes.
- Schedules production work packages within windows defined by the Program office (milestone, key event and zone schedules) to ensure Production and Program are aligned and in sync.
- Budgets production work packages based on contract estimates and historical trade performance to create baselines for production work.
- Input of work package schedules and budgets into Vancouver Shipyards's MRP system to support the collection of data for the cost accounts.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is ideal. Trades Certificate combined with sufficient employment experience may be considered
- 1-3 years related post-secondary experience, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Excellent attitude and ability to work within a team environment but also independently.
- Good organizational skills including the ability to maintain organization in a changing environment and under pressure.
- Good judgement, reasoning, and critical thinking skills as well as tact and diplomacy.
- Good time management skills.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Strong desire to create relationships that foster trust and loyalty.
- Ability to show good initiative, display creativity and integrity.
- Good oral and written communication and presentation skills.
- Good attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- High PC proficiency required. Excellent knowledge of MS Excel.
- Committed to a high standard of safety and able to comply with all Seaspan safety policies and rules.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.