The Business Technology Services team within Seaspan ULC is expanding its Data Analytics team with the addition of an Azure Analytics Data Architect who will be integral to designing, developing and expanding data warehouse and analytics solutions for the organization. The Data Architect is responsible for actioning the activities around the design, development and expansion of the data warehousing and analytical solutions for the organization.The Data Architect reports to the Manager for Analytics.
- Design and construct Data Lake ingestion and staging of corporate data sources for Analytics purposes using Azure Data Factory.
- Design and implement Data Lake lifecycle processes that support effective data provisioning capabilities to feed analytical requirements, ingest IOT data sources and support Machine Learning requirements.
- Design and implement ETL routines using Azure Data Factory to load transformed data into the Data Warehouse.
- Design, build and extend a Data Warehouse solution to form the foundation of Seaspan’s analytical capability.
- Design Azure Analysis services data models with a focus on standardized data sets, calculations and definitions to support Power BI report development by Analytics end users.
- Work closely with Power BI report creators empowering them to map reports to standardized data models that are under pinned by the Data Warehouse solution.
- Mentor and set standards for Data Engineers who will form part of the Analytics team to ensure quality and sustainability of the new Azure landscape being implemented.
- Design and maintain code and component repositories to track and sustain critical elements of the Analytics stack that drives quality and versioning during the development lifecycle.
- Deliver and plan all Analytics change activities using a Devops approach, making use of Azure Devops tools
- Design, build and extend IOT Stream Analytics data feeds that can be consumed within the Data Warehouse for analytics modelling purposes.
- Implement foundational data science capabilities making use of predictive analytics and machine learning.
- Proactively recommend improvements in the data and analytics space and new approaches to address potential systemic pain points and technical debt.
Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- 10+ years experience in business data warehouse and analytics/BI architectures, including the design and development across multiple technologies and analytical platforms.
- At least two years experience in analytical development leveraging Azure analytic components. Must have experience delivering projects leveraging all of the Azure analytic components end-to-end.
- Experience in delivering machine learning capabilities within a cloud data warehouse environment.
- Experience implementing predictive analytic models with proven business impacts.
- Proven experience implementing Azure Stream Analytics for IOT data analytic purposes. This should include data stream modelling for data warehouse consumption.
- Experience in delivering analytics development within a Devops environment with excellence shown in backlog planning, building, testing and delivery.
Skills and Knowledge
- Must be excellent at dimensional modelling, leveraging industry standards such as Kimball design methodology.
- Ability to u nderstand the value of a well designed and documented Analytic environment with attention to detail regarding architecture design, requirement documentation, version control and business continuity.
- Solid knowledge of Azure analytic components such as Data Lake/Blob Storage, Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks, Azure SQL, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Analysis Services and Power BI Services.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning, IoT, Artificial Intelligence and Predictive Analytic related technologies.
- Familiar with SQL Master Data Services (MDS) and Data Quality Services (DQS).
- Knowledge in data science is preferred.
- Knowledge in SAP technologies will be considered an asset.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.