Reporting to the Manager, Supply Chain Programs and Processes, the Supply Chain Assistant is a unionized role, instrumental to providing systems and process support to the purchasing teams across all Business Units. The incumbent is responsible for supporting system improvements and reconciliations as well as various Purchasing and Supply Chain related projects. The incumbent will work closely with the Accounts Payable team to resolve and mitigate supplier risks in addition to Business Process Analysts to resolve system issues.
This position is instrumental to the smooth operations of Supply Chain; candidates who enjoy working in multiple business lines, have strong attention to detail, and a passion for people, process and organization should apply.
- Effectively fields inquiries from current and potential suppliers and taking outstanding care in communicating.
- Ensures maintenance of the vendor address book, customer address book and item master within the ERP.
- Inputs data into Vendor management ERP and related systems.
- Administers and maintains Seaspan’s Corporate Purchasing Card program. This includes fielding new card requests, liaising with Seaspan’s purchasing card provider, providing training sessions to users both in 1:1 and group setting, and initiating process improvements to our purchasing card program.
- Conducts supplier mail outs and correspondence.
- Conducts maintenance of Seaspan’s contract management site.
- Provides project support for purchasing initiatives and projects.
- Provides subject matter expertise for the vendor management system, Purchasing Card system and other systems when required.
- Other duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Certificate/Diploma in Business/Operations Management and or equivalent combination of education and demonstrated experience.
- Work experience in a business environment, preferably in supply chain management.
- Experience working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, preferably JDE Enterprise One (or equivalent).
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Understanding of supply chain management and/or purchasing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and effective listening skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel/Word/Outlook).
- Adaptability and open-mindedness to change/improvements.
- Ability to work well under pressure, problem solve and multi-task.
- Customer service orientation, self-starter and initiative
- Conducts work in a manner that upholds Seaspan Values: care, accountability, safety and efficiency
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.