Experience it – Ajax!
The Town of Ajax, situated on the northern shore of Lake Ontario, is an innovative municipal sector leader that provides a variety of services to one of the fastest growing communities in Ontario. With over 130,000 residents, Ajax's rich heritage and culturally diverse community make it a great place to work and live.
Group Fitness Instructor, Aqua Fitness - Part Time
Reporting to the Group Fitness Coordinator, the Group Fitness Instructor is accountable for planning and facilitating safe, effective, and motivating group fitness classes.
- Instructs engaging fitness classes in accordance with the Town program standards (outlined by the Town and by governing bodies within the fitness industry).
- Arrives prepared for class with a lesson plan including associated music (if applicable) and prepares equipment for class as needed.
- Performs administrative tasks necessary to support the program i.e. takes attendance, ensures all participants have applicable wristbands, records program counts.
- Works cooperatively and maintains ongoing communication with supervisor and other staff.
- Creates an environment that fosters a positive and inclusive program experience.
- Communicates relevant and accurate information to participants in a timely manner.
- Monitors program space and equipment condition and reports any housekeeping or safety concerns to supervisor.
- CALA (Canadian Aqua Fitness Leaders Alliance) or WaterArt Aqua Fitness Instructor certification or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year in the fitness industry teaching fitness and/or leadership skills and a combination of training, education and experience deemed equivalent.
- Extensive knowledge of exercise prescription/modification and program planning.
- Current Standard First Aid with CPR C.
- Maintains a high level of physical fitness as required to perform the role.
- Ability to motivate others.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Able to provide a Criminal Reference check with Vulnerable Sector screening dated within the last six months that is satisfactory to the Town.
Nice to Have
- Experience in therapeutic Aqua Fitness an asset.
- Canfitpro FIS certification or equivalent an asset.
What is Offered to Staff
- Rate of Pay: $33.49 - $36.40 per hour.
- Hours of Work: This is a part time non-union position that works up to 24 hours per week. The hours of work are Monday to Sunday, various shifts between 6 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Town Perks: The Town offers part-time staff access to an Employee & Family Service Program, Health & Wellness Program, Town of Ajax Fitness Centre Combo Membership and a defined pension plan (OMERS pension).
How to Apply
This position is being advertised until the vacancy is filled. Applications are accepted online and will be reviewed periodically. To apply to this position, please click the 'Apply Now' button below.
We would like to thank all applicants however, please note that only those selected to attend an interview will be contacted and all other applicants will be kept on file. Applicants are advised that written, oral and practical testing may form part of the selection process.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The Town of Ajax is an equal opportunity employer, committed to diversity and accessibility within the workplace where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. The Town embraces diversity and gender expression through policy, staff training and providing positive spaces. The Town encourages applications from all qualified candidates. If selected for an interview, please inform Human Resources staff of any accommodation you may require during the process.