Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6, 500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia.
Further information is available at www.bgis.com
Why Choose BGIS?
Whether you’re a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, we hire the best and brightest to inspire change for a sustainable future and drive innovation through best practices and technology within our communities and the real estate management services industry.
At BGIS, you will be part of a diverse, team-oriented workplace, with opportunities to drive your career development forward. Our goal is to ensure that our workforce is a reflection of the diversity that exists within the community in which we operate and serve. We offer a competitive and value-driven compensation and benefits package, great employee programs, a healthy work life balance, and more. Join our team and become part of a leading global corporate real estate company today!
An opportunity to ensure the end-to-end delivery of construction projects, on time and on budget, while meeting corporate and client expectations
Self-motivated, proactive and highly deadline-oriented, you have a history of success as a construction project professional, known for building successful, effective and collaborative relationships with clients and other project stakeholders. Most especially, you are recognized for your ability to oversee project activities and resources, including consultants and contractors, track deliverables, liaise regularly with clients and other stakeholders to keep them updated on the project status, and consistently deliver timely, quality, on-budget results. You are now ready to take the next step in your career by joining the industry leader.
Reporting to a Project Manager, the Associate Project Manager will be responsible for planning and overseeing the end-to-end delivery of assigned projects, typically of low complexity, risk and exposure, with the defined scope, schedule and budget, as well as BGIS and client procedural boundaries. As an Associate Project Manager, you will team with and/or direct technical and professional staff, consultants and contractors, and draw on your strengths in communication, reporting, stakeholder coordination and fiscal control to ensure client-satisfaction, team-member satisfaction and, ultimately, financial success.
The diversity of projects carried out by the Design and Project Delivery Services group in a wide range of industries – retail, commercial, institutional and industrial – makes this position an exciting opportunity to be involved in different construction models, manage a variety of stakeholder interests, deepen your knowledge base and advance your career. You will be part of a Project Management team delivering services that span across all project phases, from workplace planning to pre-construction and design development, to management of construction. With 4,500+ projects managed per year, 160+ team members and $450M+ delivered annually, our group delivers projects across Canada, from small infrastructure upgrades to tenant fit-ups through to major consolidations and new builds, to energy retrofits and critical environments.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
For the assigned projects:
- Plans and oversees the end-to-end delivery of assigned projects. At this level, projects managed are typically of low complexity, risk and exposure.
- In collaboration with project stakeholders, defines project scope, deliverables and requirements.
- Develops and implements project plans.
- Determines resource and budget requirements, cost estimates, and timelines.
- Identifies project risks and develops and implements mitigation and contingency plans.
- Monitors project delivery against timelines and ensures timely completion.
- Oversees the activities of project team members and monitors project task completion.
- Communicates project status to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensures projects are delivered on time, within scope, budget and requirements, and complies with all regulatory, environmental and health and safety requirements.
Client Relationship Management
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with clients.
- Responsible for resolving issues, managing client expectations, and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM EDUCATION: College diploma or equivalent training (e.g. RPA, CET)
JOB-RELATED EXPERIENCE: More than one year up to three years
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
To be up to the exciting challenges of this Project Manager role, you must have a professional profile that includes:
- Community college diploma preferably in architectural technology, construction technology, engineering technology or equivalent work experience
- 1 to 3 years of project management work experience; or 5 to 7 years of project coordination work experience
- Ability to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, within specifications, and in-compliant with all requirements including but not limited to regulatory, environmental, health, and safety requirements.
- Ability to develop and manage project budget
- Ability to mitigate and manage project risks
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate to achieve desired outcomes
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with project stakeholders
- Ability to manage client relationships and expectations
- A high degree of client service orientation
- Ability to manage vendor relationships and performance
- Possesses a continuous improvement and quality mindset along with a desire to continuously seek and incorporate best practices and technologies in order to optimize project delivery and deliver value to the client
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications in particular – MS Project, MS Excel, MS Outlook, along with ability to quickly learn new applications
- Advanced written and spoken ability in English and French is considered an asset
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
One or more of the following, an asset:
- Project Management Institute Accreditation or in progress.
- LEED certification; in progress.