Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Arena Operator maintains the ice surface, maintains and operates related equipment, daily rounds and logs in accordance with BGIS standards.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform basic maintenance for entire facility including all areas (Dressing rooms, washrooms, gym, and arena) used by public and secure areas (Ice Plant, Boiler & HVAC rooms, and staff offices).
- Performs work in accordance to established processes and practices
- Complies with all internal and external requirements including but not limited to environmental, health and safety, fire protection
- Responds to routine and on-demand service requests
- Includes painting, minor repairs, as well as following the Web Works preventative maintenance program, etc.
- Performs preventative maintenance and repair work to non-technical components within the facility (i.e. walls, etc)
- Records resolution data within service maintenance management database. Ensures work completed meets quality, contract response and all other requirements
- Receives, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database. Initiates documents to obtain formal approval of work required
- Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program. Ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated, and that related documentations are maintained.
- Participates in and assists with facility-related projects.
- Ensures the manner in which work is performed is in compliant with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements.
- Maintains all assigned tools and arranges for repair and replacement where required
- Submits all expenditures on a timely basis
- Assists in enhancing tenant and customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations through manner in which work is performed and services delivered.
- Operate equipment including Ice resurfacing equipment, ice plant, building maintenance including HVAC units, Boilers, dehumidification units, daily rounds and check lists.
- Use of snow blower to remove snow required on walkways
- Follow multiple schedules and divide tasks accordingly between shifts
- Respond to emergencies as per the emergency response plan including evacuation alarms and other safety issues
- Assist in the preparation of events and programs including setting up and taking down of tables, chairs, nets etc.
- Create positive experiences for user groups including preparing the ice surface for rentals in a timely fashion, answering inquiries about the facility, handling complaints and conflict resolution.
- Conducts outside facility rounds to ensure grounds are cleaned and buildings are free of graffiti, garbage and other obstacles.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Up to 2 years of facility operations and maintenance work experience
- High school diploma plus some trades-related training
- Ability to adhere and to properly execute processes and practices relating to facility operations and maintenance
- Ability to maintain, troubleshoot and repair non-technical facility components
- Ability to provide observations about facility conditions and deficiencies and provide suggestions for enhancement and repair
- Ability to research, learn and gain greater proficiency in applying on-the-job – fire, life, safety and building codes and standards
- Possesses a strong environmental, health and safety mindset. Ability to perform work in a safe manner
- Strong client-service orientation along with a high sense of urgency
- Effective communication skills for the purpose of data relay, exchange, feedback, and clarification
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment safely and efficiently
- Good physical condition and able to perform heavy manual labour
- Ability to work independently and to accomplish tasks and assignments.
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver's License