An opportunity to ensure the end-to-end delivery of construction projects, on time and on budget, while meeting corporate and client expectations
Self-motivated, proactive and highly deadline-oriented, you have a history of success as a construction project professional, known for building successful, effective and collaborative relationships with clients and other project stakeholders. Most especially, you are recognized for your ability to oversee project activities and resources, including consultants and contractors, track deliverables, liaise regularly with clients and other stakeholders to keep them updated on the project status, and consistently deliver timely, quality, on-budget results. You are now ready to take the next step in your career by joining the industry leader.
Reporting to a Project Manager, the Associate Project Manager - Communications will be responsible for planning communications within the project delivery cycle. As an Associate Project Manager, you will team with communications, direct technical and professional staff, consultants and contractors. Draw on your strengths in communication, stakeholder engagement, presentation skills, technical writing, and ensuring client and tenant satisfaction.
ABOUT THE PROJECT DELIVERY SERVICES TEAM
The diversity of projects carried out by the Design and Project Delivery Services group in a wide range of industries – retail, commercial, institutional and industrial – makes this position an exciting opportunity to be involved in different construction models, manage a variety of stakeholder interests, deepen your knowledge base and advance your career. You will be part of a Project Management team delivering services that span across all project phases, from workplace planning to pre-construction and design development, to management of construction. With 4,500+ projects managed per year, 160+ team members and $450M+ delivered annually, our group delivers projects across Canada, from small infrastructure upgrades to tenant fit-ups through to major consolidations and new builds, to energy retrofits and critical environments.
For the assigned projects:
- Produce a coordinated written communication update on a weekly basis for the site.
- Produce a weekly 5-week look-ahead for the site.
- Other ad-hoc communications as necessary.
- To coordinate closely with the Operations and Project team on site .
- Frequent meetings with communications representatives or site supervisors from each of the major capital projects, the Tenant Communications Representative, the Client Communications Representative, and the Client Project Facilities Manager.
- Plans and oversees the end-to-end delivery of communications with assigned major capital projects.
- In collaboration with project stakeholders, defines project scope, deliverables and requirements.
- Develops and implements communication plans and strategies.
- Identifies project risks and develops and implements mitigation and contingency plans from a communications perspective.
- Oversees communication activities of project team members and monitors project task completion.
- Communicates project status to relevant stakeholders.
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with clients and tenants.
- Responsible for resolving issues, managing client expectations, and ensuring client satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
To be up to the exciting challenges of this Associate Project Manager - Communications role, you must have a professional profile that includes:
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Eligible for an Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
- Community college diploma preferably in communications, marketing or commerce.
- 1 to 3 years of project management work experience; or 5 to 7 years of project coordination work experience.
- 1 to 3 years of internal/external communications in a project environment; or 5 to 7 years of project communication coordination experience.
- Ability to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, within specifications, and in-compliant with all requirements including but not limited to regulatory, environmental, health, and safety requirements.
- Ability to mitigate and manage communications risks.
- Ability to influence, persuade and negotiate to achieve desired outcomes.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills.
- Confident presenting in person and in a virtual environment.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with project stakeholders.
- Ability to manage client and tenant relationships and expectations.
- A high degree of client service orientation.
- Ability to manage vendor relationships and performance.
- Possesses a continuous improvement and quality mindset along with a desire to continuously seek and incorporate best practices and technologies in order to optimize project delivery and deliver value to the client.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office applications in particular – MS Project, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS Teams, SharePoint, MS Powerpoint along with ability to quickly learn new applications.
- Bilingualism in English and French is preferred.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
One or more of the following, an asset:
- Project Management Institute Accreditation, in progress.