Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6, 500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia. Further information is available at www.bgis.com
The Energy Analyst is an entry level post responsible for providing reporting and analytical support encompassing utility management, energy & sustainability reporting metrics and client key performance indicators.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Energy & Sustainability Reporting
- Prepares standard energy and sustainability reporting and energy data management and executes simple analysis. Supports delivering energy and sustainability reporting used to meet KPI’s and contract deliverables.
- Executes weather correction calculations that address weather sensitivity and seasonality of energy accounts.
- Supports Energy & Sustainability and Accounts Payable Team Members in identifying billing anomalies and data inputting errors.
Demand-Side Management Opportunity Evaluation Support
- Supports Energy & Sustainability initiatives by isolating buildings of interest on an exception basis for additional scrutiny to identify energy efficiency projects.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Technologist diploma is required, preferably Mechanical or related area.
- One year or less job related experience required
- Community college diploma or equivalent training (e.g. RPA, CET)
- Advanced skills in MS Excel. Strong MS Word skills. Working experience with MS Access or other database software would be beneficial.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong knowledge of units of energy / utility measurement and conversion calculations.
- Appreciation of utility tariff structures and utility bill generation and processing including deregulated market structures.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good administrative skills including documentation standards.
- Appreciation of financial reporting requirements.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- None required.
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!