BGIS is currently seeking a Commissioning Agent to join the team as a member of our growing division.
We are looking for individuals to commission mission critical center equipment systems, such as power generation and distribution systems, uninterruptible power supplies, static transfer switches, PDU's, BAS & BMS systems and HVAC equipment. The candidate must have a working knowledge of electrical/electronic and mechanical systems or equivalent industry experience with proven customer service skills. Experience associated with industrial level generators, Uninterruptable Power Supplies, HVAC and Power conditioning equipment is a benefit . The candidate should be technically competent on test equipment such as: AC/DC amp probe, digital voltmeter, phase rotation meters, battery conductance tester, battery load tester and micro-ohm meter. This position will require a minimum of 75% travel. The position will require national and/or international travel.
- Perform design reviews of systems.
- Develop, oversee and write startup and commissioning policies and procedures.
- QA/QC of the equipment installation.
- Perform construction observations and develop functional test plans.
- Execute tests for a wide variety of electrical and mechanical systems and to ensure testing is performed in conformance with standards and procedures.
- Assist in training of plant operations and maintenance personnel.
- Act as liaison with vendors and subcontractors regarding problem resolution and perform testing as required.
- Review and analyze data and prepare technical reports.
- Maintain effective communication with clients, contractors and other project team members.
- Work with others to manage small to mid-size projects to meet client expectations for technical excellence, budget and schedule.
*Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- 7 years of industry experience in either electrical power distribution or mechanical systems or both. AA degree, military training or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in diagnosing and solving construction and operational problems.
- Be organized; possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with MS word and excel is a must.
- Must have the ability to work in a high stress environment, ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with and guide others.
- Knowledge of building codes and construction industry standards.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Must have or be able to obtain a passport
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE and ABILITIES
- Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of a Commissioning Engineer.
- Five (5) years of experience in the commissioning field including performance contracting requirements.
- Must be proficient in BCA, PECI and/or ASHRAE commissioning procedures.
- Hospital, biotech, data center, and energy analysis experience is preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel, 70% of the time.
- Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.