Ivanhoé Cambridge develops and invests in high-quality real estate properties, projects and companies that are shaping the urban fabric in dynamic cities around the world. It does so responsibly, with a view to generate long-term performance. Ivanhoé Cambridge is committed to creating living spaces that foster the well-being of people and communities, while reducing its environmental footprint.
Ivanhoé Cambridge invests internationally alongside strategic partners and major real estate funds that are leaders in their markets. Through subsidiaries and partnerships, the Company holds interests in more than 1,000 buildings, primarily in the industrial and logistics, office, residential and retail sectors. Ivanhoé Cambridge held close to C$60,4 billion in real estate assets as at December 31, 2020 and is a real estate subsidiary of the Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (cdpq.com), one of Canada's leading institutional fund managers. For more information: ivanhoecambridge.com.
Department : Internal Audit
Position type : Salaried
Reporting functionally to the Audit Committee and administratively to the President and Chief Executive Officer, you will, as a member of the management team, be responsible for carrying out an independent and objective assessment of processes related to governance, risk management and control and for putting forward proposals to make them more effective and efficient.
You will work closely with all business units and departments within the organization, fostering a collaborative approach with your colleagues, supporting the Company’s objectives, adopting a teamwork-oriented approach to leadership and embracing a results-oriented focus. Lastly, you will work with the internal audit entities of CDPQ using an established framework for working and sharing information and documentation.
Specific duties include the following:
- Define the Internal Audit Department’s strategic vision, and draft the Department’s master plan and annual business plan;
- Oversee the drafting of the agile audit plan using a risk assessment–based method;
- Ensure execution of the agile audit plan as approved, as well as ad hoc audit engagements and special projects as relevant; establish and track the budget in accordance with the departmental audit plan, as well as the Company’s needs;
- Prioritize and execute ad hoc audit engagements and advisory assignments; approve the approach and review work outputs; ensure the independence of the internal audit function is maintained at all times; authorize the use of the necessary means to protect independence;
- Approve and guide the execution of project follow-ups;
- Prepare activity reports summarizing audit findings and the corresponding recommendations for the Audit Committee and management team; submit the audit plan and underlying risk assessment, along with regular updates, to the bodies responsible for their review and approval; inform the Audit Committee of the outcomes of audit engagements and the results of implementing the recommendations; ensure adherence to the framework agreement with CDPQ and sign the annual compliance statement in this regard;
- Develop and track the Department’s key performance indicators and report the results to the Audit Committee;
- Proactively monitor internal audit practices and the risks arising from these practices; incorporate them into the Department’s business plan and audit plan; update the Audit Committee on new internal audit trends and practices and their integration into the Department; contribute to the overall reputation of the internal audit function by taking part in and organizing various forums to discuss best practices with industry peers;
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with senior management, and ensure the visibility and credibility of the Internal Audit Department both within and outside the organization;
- Plan the Department’s staffing needs, set individual objectives of team members and assess their performance; support development by setting up appropriate individual development plans, and participate in talent review and succession preparation processes;
- Encourage team collaboration, innovation and inclusion, as well as adherence to Ivanhoé Cambridge corporate values.
- Twelve to fifteen years of experience in internal audit;
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, business administration or another related discipline;
- Graduate degree, an asset;
- At least one relevant professional designation (CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA);
- Experience with financial institutions; real estate industry experience, an asset;
- In-depth understanding of internal audit trends;
- Experience in financial writing and communications;
- Excellent communicator; perfectly fluent in written and spoken French and English;
- Solid business acumen;
- Ability to influence and motivate others and establish productive working relationships with people at all levels of the organization;
- Keen strategic mind, excellent ability to process information, attention to detail, commitment to quality, value creation approach;
- Experience managing a high-performance team of professionals;
- Ability to work under pressure within tight deadlines, balancing several files and changing agendas at the same time;
- Team player with strong organizational and prioritization skills and a desire to contribute to a high-performance culture;
- Advanced proficiency in computer-assisted audit techniques and data analytics tools (IDEA, PowerBI);
- Knowledge of JDE, Workday and AuditBoard/OpsAudit, an asset.
If you are interested in this challenge, please submit your resume.
You have everything to gain!
When you join the Ivanhoé Cambridge team, you are eligible for employment benefits and a pension plan that are among the best in the industry. Our many health and wellness programs encourage you to balance your work and personal lives and fulfil your desire for social involvement, while maintaining a healthy lifestyle. At Ivanhoé Cambridge, you will have many opportunities to develop your skills and thrive professionally, in Canada or elsewhere in the world. Our initiatives aimed at creating an exceptional working environment that inspires our employees to give the best of themselves elevated Ivanhoé Cambridge into the ranks of 100 Top Employers in Canada.
Ivanhoé Cambridge’s commitment to diversity and inclusion spans the breadth of its operations. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We take pride in creating a working environment where everyone is set up for success. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially .