Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: INTERNATIONAL STUDENT LIFE COORDINATOR
The International Student Life Coordinator is responsible for providing leadership in the coordination of innovative activities, programs and services that support international students in their academic pursuits and nurture inclusion in student life and the university community.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Minimum two years’ experience working with post-secondary students in developing and leading student-focused services, activities and events. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Oral and written fluency in English and a secondary language in one of KPU’s target markets is required, such as: Vietnamese, Spanish, Portuguese, Korean, Japanese, or another language consistent with departmental priorities.
- Personal experience studying, working and/or living abroad is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience in independently planning and executing events, activities and workshops.
- Experience managing and resolving complaints and complex issues related to the post-secondary international student.
- Experience working with K-12 international students is an asset.
- Demonstrated understanding of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada requirements for travel, study and work permits.
- Excellent cross-cultural skills. Proven ability to communicate effectively with an ethnically diverse group of people.
- Proven ability to represent an institution with tact and diplomacy in all settings.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with University administration, faculty, staff, students and external community services representatives.
- Proven ability to conduct oneself in a professional manner in a demanding, high stress, fast paced environment over a sustained period of time.
- Demonstrated analytical skills, including problem-solving and needs analysis.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate a number of projects simultaneously, attending accurately to detail, and meeting deadlines.
- Considerable level of technical skills including the use of the Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint); Ellucian BANNER or a similar integrated student information system/database; Communications programs such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Skype; social media tools such as Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.; and the ability to learn software programs that may be used at the University.
- Demonstrated competence with budget monitoring and expenditure control.
- Ability to work independently, exercise good judgment and demonstrate initiative.
- Ability to travel to and/or work at all KPU campuses.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must be able to lift and carry materials in the range of 30 to 50 lbs.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is an asset.
Click here for a more detailed job description
Note to Applicants
The University welcomes and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression. If you require an accommodation through our hiring process, please include your request in the application email.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.