At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 6,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
Client Care Counsellor
Employee Support Solutions
Remote Work available anywhere in the UK
LifeWorks supports the total health and well-being of over 35 million lives worldwide with our clinical expertise, global presence and digital well-being platform, LifeWorks. We empower healthier, happier, and more productive employees by combining our award-winning Employee Assistance Program with proactive wellness solutions in a digital ecosystem that helps them prevent and manage issues and concerns about family, health, life, money, and work.
As a Global Employee Engagement Platform serving tens of thousands of companies and millions of employees worldwide, LifeWorks uses innovative technology and mobile-first user experience to deliver a Total Wellbeing Solution that people and companies - such as Aviva, Burberry, Walgreens, Expedia, Intel and Nestlé Canada - love to use. LifeWorks employees have access to the same high-quality well-being support and resources provided to our customers. We pride ourselves on providing a work environment that inspires innovation, connection and collaboration while also supporting your growth and development both personally and professionally. We value difference-makers, and individuals and teams who bring high energy, passion, and a relentless commitment to excellence to their roles.
As a Client Care Counsellor, you will manage clients facing urgent or crisis situations requiring immediate attention via telephone or chat modalities. Taking care of our clients’ means evaluating needs, assessing risks, crisis containment, assisting in single sessions and providing necessary resources to resolve challenges.
• Provide immediate telephone crisis counselling/interventions to employees and family members of customer organizations.
• Identify the present problem and client needs and determine the appropriate support level as per case response level standards.
• Provide single session, one-off counselling support to clients, referring on for further short term counselling or signposting for ongoing, external support.
• Provide immediate management consultation to key employees within customer organizations.
• Provide immediate information and support to the caller requesting a trauma or workplace intervention.
• Provide consultation to callers who are requesting an Assisted Referral for an employee for an EAP assessment.
Succeeding as a Client Care Counsellor will require the following core qualifications and skills:
• Completed a Post Graduate Diploma or Master’s Degree in Clinical Counselling, which has included a practical placement delivering one to one counselling sessions
• Membership with a professional association is a strong asset
• Strong computer skills and mastering current software and applications (such as Microsoft Office)
• Strong risk assessment skills with regards to Child Welfare/Safety concerns, Suicide/Self-Harm, Substance Abuse etc.
• Good clinical judgement and understanding of your responsibilities regarding confidentiality
• Strong work ethic and professionalism
• Abilities to work over the phone and through chats
• Ability to adapt to both the ever changing client and organizational needs
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to multi-task when needed
• Strong empathy and listening skills
• Flexibility to work shifts, weekends, evenings, holidays etc. as per business needs
Advantages to joining our team:
• You will receive a permanent position with a competitive benefits package, including 24 days paid annual leave per year which increases to 29 days with your length of service. You will also have 2 extra floating days to use per year, as well as 8 bank holidays.
• Pension plan to help you reach your retirement goals.
• Private health and dental care plan that fits your individual and/or family needs.
• Access to a (third party) confidential, 24/7 EAP helpline.
• Access to the LifeWorks app which includes hundreds of perks including cashback offers and discounted gift cards on your favourite brands, discounted cinema tickets and more.
• Employee referral program – refer a talented colleague/friend/family member to work with us and you could earn a referral bonus if they are hired.
• Ability to work from home permanently, anywhere in the UK (we’ll provide your IT equipment) or work from our Glasgow office when open.
• You will receive a robust training program that prepares you for your role.
• As a company that promotes and invests in its people's professional and personal development, you will benefit from internal growth opportunities.
• You will work in an environment that supports diversity and inclusion and values employee engagement, innovation, and client service excellence.
By working at our Care Access Center, you will have the opportunity to develop a variety of professional skills as well as address constructive, interesting, and rewarding challenges. The diversity of the clients and the problems encountered will allow you to develop your skills rapidly as a clinical practitioner. In addition, you will have the opportunity to share your clinical knowledge with a multidisciplinary team of more than 50 clinicians from various fields! Different avenues, depending on opportunities, are also possible in terms of advancement for those demonstrating excellence in their work, as LifeWorks continues to grow and offer different modalities to support our clients (telecounselling, face-to-face, video and chat counselling, etc.).
Job Grade: MS3
LifeWorks is a global leader in delivering technology-enabled solutions that help clients support the total wellbeing of their people and build organizational resiliency.
By improving lives, we improve business. Our solutions span employee and family assistance, health and wellness, recognition, pension and benefits administration, retirement and financial consulting, actuarial and investment services.
LifeWorks employs over 6,000 employees who work with some 24,000 client organizations that use our services in more than 160 countries.
LifeWorks is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LWRK).
For more information, visit lifeworks.com.