At LifeWorks, we offer more than career opportunities, we provide career opportunities to make meaningful contributions to people’s lives. The extraordinary expertise of a more than 6,000-strong workforce is harnessed to support the employees and families of the organizations we serve. Our innovative programs have a lasting impact on the health, financial security and productivity of 24,000 workplaces.
Client Care Counsellor (EAP)
Employee Support Solutions
Glasgow, Scotland or Remote Worker
LifeWorks supports the total health and well-being of over 35 million lives worldwide with our clinical expertise, global presence and digital well-being platform, LifeWorks. We empower healthier, happier, and more productive employees by combining our award-winning Employee Assistance Program with proactive wellness solutions in a digital ecosystem that helps them prevent and manage issues and concerns about family, health, life, money, and work.
As a Global Employee Engagement Platform serving tens of thousands of companies and millions of employees worldwide, LifeWorks uses innovative technology and mobile-first user experience to deliver a Total Wellbeing Solution that people and companies - such as Aviva, Burberry, Walgreens, Expedia, Intel and Nestlé Canada - love to use. LifeWorks employees have access to the same high-quality well-being support and resources provided to our customers. We pride ourselves on providing a work environment that inspires innovation, connection and collaboration while also supporting your growth and development both personally and professionally. We value difference-makers, and individuals and teams who bring high energy, passion, and a relentless commitment to excellence to their roles.
• Provides immediate telephone crisis counseling/interventions to employees and family members of customer organizations
• Provides immediate management consultation to key employees within customer organizations
• Provides immediate information and support to the caller requesting a trauma or other workplace intervention.
• Identify the present problem and determine appropriate service response level as per case response level standards.
• Assess client’s needs and provide telephone counseling when the client is not prepared to accept a referral, or book an appointment with a Counselor.
• Provide consultation to callers who are requesting an Assisted Referral for an employee for an EAP assessment.
Succeeding as an Client Care Counsellor - Telephone will require the following core qualifications and skills
• Completed a Post Graduate Diploma, Honours Bachelors or Clinical Master’s Degree in Clinical Counseling or another clinical field of study
• Membership with a professional association is a strong asset
• Strong Computer skills and mastering current software and applications (such as Microsoft Office)
• Strong risk assessment skills with regards to Child Welfare/Safety concerns, Suicide/Self-Harm, Substance Abuse etc.
• Good clinical judgement and understanding of your responsibilities regarding confidentiality
• Strong work ethic and professionalism
• Abilities to work over the phone and through chats
• Ability to adapt to both the ever changing client and organizational needs
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and to multi-task when needed
• Strong empathy and listening skills
• Flexibility to work shifts, weekend’s evenings etc. as per business needs
By working at our Care Access Center, you will have the opportunity to develop a variety of professional skills as well as address constructive, interesting and rewarding challenges. The diversity of the clients and the problems encountered will allow you to develop your skills rapidly as a clinical practitioner. In addition, you will have the opportunity to share your clinical knowledge with a multidisciplinary team of more than 50 clinicians from various fields! Different avenues, depending on opportunities, are also possible in terms of advancement for those demonstrating excellence in their work, as Morneau Shepell continues to grow and offer different modalities to support our clients (telecounselling, face-to-face, chat counselling, etc.).
Advantages to joining our team:
• You will receive a permanent position with a competitive benefits package.
• You will receive a robust training program that prepares you for your role.
• You will benefit from growth opportunities in a company that promotes from within.
• You will work in an environment that values employee engagement, innovation and client service excellence.
Job Grade: MS3
LifeWorks is a global leader in delivering technology-enabled solutions that help clients support the total wellbeing of their people and build organizational resiliency.
By improving lives, we improve business. Our solutions span employee and family assistance, health and wellness, recognition, pension and benefits administration, retirement and financial consulting, actuarial and investment services.
LifeWorks employs over 6,000 employees who work with some 24,000 client organizations that use our services in more than 160 countries.
LifeWorks is a publicly traded company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LWRK).
For more information, visit lifeworks.com.