Reporting to the Foreman, the B Pressure Welder, Turnaround assumes responsibility for all general welding duties required on industrial scope construction projects. They will ensure work tasks are performed safely in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and company policies and that work is performed with a high level of quality and timeliness.
This position is based in the Cold Lake, AB area on a client site.
- Turnaround will start August 4th and run approximately 3-4 weeks
- Pre-turnaround work to begin July 30th
- Pre-turnaround shift schedule – 10 hours per day for 4 days on and 3 off or 8 hours per day for 5 days on and 2 off
- Turnaround shift schedule – 10 hours per day for 6 days on and 1 off or 12 days on and 2 off
- Overtime as required
- Working both indoors and outdoors in hot and cold weather conditions
- Working in and around noise and dust
- Working in confined spaces
- LOA provided for non-local candidates
- Camp is not provided
- Travel is not provided
- Must be clean shaven
- Personal safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Adhere to a given WPS.
- Read and interpret blueprints or welding process specifications.
- Perform GTAW, GMAW, and SMAW welds.
- Understand the importance of Consumable Storage and Maintenance.
- Ensure accuracy and completion of assigned tasks and projects.
- Repair parts of metal products by welding on extra layers.
- Maintain safe work practices.
- Follow a Step by Step Repair Plan.
- Maintain a working knowledge of changes in technology, compliance and repair techniques.
- Secure components together applying knowledge of geometry, physical properties of metal machining weld shrinkage, and welding techniques.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Supervisor as needed.
- Journeyman Welder or Red Seal Ticket Journeyman
- Valid B Pressure Ticket
- Valid GTAW ticket
- H2S Alive
- Emergency First Aid
- Ability to identify all techniques of welding (GTAW, GMAW, etc.), and know all properties of various types of metal and how heat affects them
- Ability to identify the requirements for various welding tests (6g, X-ray, etc.) and to produce welds that meet each requirement
- Ability to take direction and follow through on instructions
- Committed dedication to safety; reflected in practice and experience
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Superior focus on customer satisfaction
- Valid driver’s license
- Pre-site Drug and Alcohol testing
- Stand or walk for long periods of time
- Ability to stand, crouch, and kneel for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 25kg
- Climbing stairs/ladders regularly
- Exposure to hazards such as heights, power tools, slips, falls, falling objects, and sharp hand tools
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, quality and production capabilities and is above industry average
Safety, sustainability, collaboration, and integrity are core company values that encourage innovation and make a lasting difference in meeting the goals of our stakeholders and the communities in which we operate. We strongly support and encourage employees to get involved and give back in their local communities. We expect our employees to bring their best to work every day and in return, management recognizes and rewards employees for their valued contribution through competitive compensation, robust benefits, health and wellness programs, and learning development opportunities.
Who We Are?
We have proudly served the Canadian construction industry for over 100 years. Our rich history demonstrates our reach and diversity as an integrated, full-service organization serving the commercial and industrial markets. We deliver confidence through a client-centered approach that ensures the highest quality of service, reduces risk, and delivers results.
We provide a comprehensive range of construction services from new construction for industrial, commercial, and institutional markets; to industrial maintenance, repair and operations services, heavy civil construction, and contract surface mining; as well as vertical infrastructure including, electrical, mechanical, and specialty trades. For over 100 years, we have been a people-focused company with an unwavering commitment to safety and a high level of service that provides long-term value for all stakeholders.
Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Unsolicited resumes and phone inquiries from 3rd party agencies will not be accepted.