Reporting to the Logistics/Material Lead, the Safety Watch, Turnaround assumes responsibility for the safety and well- being of themselves and the crew. They will ensure work tasks are performed safely in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and company policies and that work is performed with a high level of quality and timeliness.
This position is based in Cold Lake, AB area on a client site.
Working Conditio ns
- Turnaround will start August 4th and run approximately 3-4 weeks
- Pre-turnaround work to begin July 30th
- Pre-turnaround shift schedule – 10 hours per day for 4 days on and 3 off or 8 hours per day for 5 days on and 2 off
- Turnaround shift schedule – 10 hours per day for 6 days on and 1 off or 12 days on and 2 off
- Overtime as required
- Working both indoors and outdoors in hot and cold weather conditions
- Working in and around noise and dust
- Working in confined spaces
- LOA provided for non-local candidates
- Camp is not provided
- Travel is not provided
- Must be clean shaven
- Personal safety equipment will be required, e.g. steel-toed safety boots, safety glasses/goggles, etc.
- Advise crew, and sub-trades on matters pertaining to safety.
- Ensure that any incidents and/or accidents are reported and investigated immediately and appropriately.
- Understand and utilize the right and responsibility to stop unsafe work.
- Support crews / questions in daily tailgate meetings regarding potential hazards and safety concerns.
- Drive safely and professionally, obeying all traffic rules at all times.
- Execute assigned tasks in a safe and efficient manner.
- Participate in job observations, HID reporting and near miss, site inspections, and safety meetings.
- Report job observations to crews and discuss.
- Review monitor log to ensure documentation is complete.
- Ensure all training is up to date.
- Fire watch, spark watch, bottle watch, confined space watch as required.
- Clean monitors.
- Inspect onsite safety equipment as per industry standards and applicable legislation.
- Test gases: Benzene, NORMs, VOC and use a Dreger pump.
- Assist labour crews as required.
- High School diploma
- 2 years’ experience as a general labourer in the construction industry an asset
- H2S Alive
- Emergency First Aid
- Confined Space Entry
- Rescue ticket
- Fall Protection and Vertical Rescue an asset
- Safety Watch ticket an asset
- Ability to take direction and follow through on instructions
- Committed dedication to safety; reflected in practice and experience
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Superior focus on customer satisfaction
- Valid driver’s license
- Pre-site Drug and Alcohol testing
- Mast Fit testing may be required
Compensation and Benefits
- Compensation is commensurate with experience, quality and production capabilities and is above industry average
Safety, sustainability, collaboration, and integrity are core company values that encourage innovation and make a lasting difference in meeting the goals of our stakeholders and the communities in which we operate. We strongly support and encourage employees to get involved and give back in their local communities. We expect our employees to bring their best to work every day and in return, management recognizes and rewards employees for their valued contribution through competitive compensation, robust benefits, health and wellness programs, and learning development opportunities.
Who We Are?
We have proudly served the Canadian construction industry for over 100 years. Our rich history demonstrates our reach and diversity as an integrated, full-service organization serving the commercial and industrial markets. We deliver confidence through a client-centered approach that ensures the highest quality of service, reduces risk, and delivers results.
We provide a comprehensive range of construction services from new construction for industrial, commercial, and institutional markets; to industrial maintenance, repair and operations services, heavy civil construction, and contract surface mining; as well as vertical infrastructure including, electrical, mechanical, and specialty trades. For over 100 years, we have been a people-focused company with an unwavering commitment to safety and a high level of service that provides long-term value for all stakeholders.
Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
Unsolicited resumes and phone inquiries from 3rd party agencies will not be accepted.