Reporting to the Manager, Maintenance Administration, the Maintenance Worker 3 (After Hours Team - working evenings, weekends, and holidays) is responsible for the repair and maintenance of properties within the OCH portfolio. The Maintenance Worker 3 has a variety of skills related to the delivery of a wide range of maintenance services to OCH tenant communities. The scope of this work involves occupied housing units, vacant units, common areas and grounds. The primary duties include the requirement to:
- Complete repairs and improvements to OCH properties based on assigned work orders and in accordance with industry and OCH standards.
- Prepare vacant units for occupancy.
- Ensure general safety and security for assigned areas at all times.
- Maintain good tenant services and public relations.
- Completion of a minimum Grade 10 or equivalent plus relevant training in building maintenance.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in building maintenance/construction.
- Health and safety training required by legislation and by OCH.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated knowledge of methods and techniques of building repair and maintenance tasks as illustrated by previous work experience and practical testing.
- Working knowledge of applicable Occupational Health and Safety legislation.
- General knowledge of corporate policies and procedures related to health and safety.
- Working knowledge of hand and power tools.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all work related contacts.
- Ability and skills to perform routine and special repairs and maintenance tasks.
- Must possess the physical and technical capabilities to perform the duties of the position.
- Oral fluency, reading and writing abilities in English are required.
- Bilingualism is preferred.
- Must possess a valid class “G” driver’s licence or equivalent.
- Security Clearance is required.