School Bus Driver - $500 Hiring Bonus Available for existing Class 1 or 2 Drivers!
Location: Lethbridge, AB
SOUTHLAND Transportation is pleased to be providing student transportation services in Lethbridge starting in 2021. We take pride in hiring locally and are currently seeking dedicated and safety-minded School Bus Drivers to join our team! This is an essential role that offers job security, a flexible schedule and allows you to make a difference on the front line by transporting our children to school safely.
We are currently offering a $500 hiring bonus for existing Class 1 or 2 drivers. Receive $250 on your first pay and the remaining $250 following probation.
The health and safety of our employees and passengers has always been our top priority. In response to COVID-19, we have implemented the following additional safety protocols:
- Safe and distanced interview process including virtual interviews and online onboarding
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Buses assigned to one driver wherever possible for fewer touch points
- Thorough wipe down of all high contact areas in the workplace (including buses) to be completed twice daily
- Sanitizing bus interiors with Health Canada-approved disinfectant
- Hand sanitizer stations in offices
This is an opportunity to be part of a growing company that offers competitive wages, professional growth, and work-life balance. This opportunity is perfect for existing School Bus Drivers in the area, stay-at-home parents, or entrepreneurs/retirees!
Why You Should Choose SOUTHLAND
- Competitive wages, bonuses, and flexibility within your personal life
- Modern fleet
- Evenings, weekends, school holidays (Christmas, Spring Break etc.) and summers off
- Free training
- Referral bonuses
- Save on daycare - bring up to two pre-school aged children with you
- Employee recognition programs such as long service awards, safety awards, employee recognition banquets
- Mentorship program, professional development, employee engagement opportunities, and a chance to advance in a growing company
- Employee engagement and improvement sessions
- Nationally recognized professional driver training program
Hours of Work
- Monday to Friday - no mandatory nights or weekends
- Split shifts (approximately 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon)
As a School Bus Driver, you will be driving approximately 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. Drivers work during the school year and are given time off in July and August.
- Valid Class 2S driver’s license (will provide license upgrade training from Class 5)
- Five years of driving experience; minimum two years of winter driving experience in Canada
- 5-year driver’s abstract
- Must have a safe driving record
- Undergo drug and alcohol testing, criminal record search, vulnerable sector clearance and reference checks