School Bus Driver
Location: Calgary, AB
SOUTHLAND is currently seeking dedicated and safety-minded School Bus Drivers to join our team. This is an essential role that offers job security, a flexible schedule and allows you to make a difference on the front line by transporting our children to school safely.
The health and safety of our employees and passengers has always been our top priority. In response to COVID-19, we have implemented the following additional safety protocols:
- Safe and distanced interview process including virtual interviews and online onboarding
- Personal protective equipment provided
- Buses assigned to one driver wherever possible for fewer touch points
- Thorough wipe down of all high contact areas in the workplace (including buses) to be completed twice daily
- Sanitizing bus interiors with Health Canada-approved disinfectant
- Hand sanitizer stations in offices
Why You Should Choose SOUTHLAND
SOUTHLAND offers free personalized training, competitive wages, bonuses, and flexibility within your personal life.
- Part-time hours, 4-6 hours a day. Perfect for a stay-at-home parent, entrepreneur, or retiree!
- Free Class 2 training with a hiring bonus
- Competitive wages – up to $100/day, with the opportunity to earn more by taking on additional routes
- Bring up to two preschool-aged children to work with you
- Referral and Safety bonuses
- Summers, weekends, and holidays off
- Opportunity for advancement
- Employee recognition programs
Drivers are responsible for safely transporting students daily and must be committed to safety and customer service.
As a School Bus Driver, you will work a split shift, driving approximately 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon, with routes available in-between for anyone looking to pick up extra hours. You will be assigned a route that falls between the hours of 6:30 am - 9:30 am in the morning and between 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm in the afternoon. Drivers work during the school year and are given time off in July and August.
- Valid Class 5 (non-GDL) driver’s license (FREE Class 2 training provided)
- 10-year drivers abstract with fewer than four demerit points (10-year commercial drivers abstract for licenses above a class 5)
- Clear criminal record and vulnerable sector search