Business Analyst, Business Technology Solutions
The BTS Business Analyst works exclusively with business system related projects, which will vary in size, duration and complexity. Using a variety of facilitation and interview techniques, this individual will guide business partners through the discovery, identification and documentation of business outcomes, process design, and business & functional requirements for new systems or functionality.
A service-oriented leader and an experienced communicator, the Business Analyst has a strong bias for detail, a team collaborator and can implement systems that ensure strong user adoption and business outcomes!
- Develop balanced, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements.
- Collect and analyze process data to initiate, develop and recommend business practices and procedures that focus on increased efficiency, reduced cost and improved customer service.
- Capture, analyze, and document business, functional, reporting and technical requirements using techniques such as interviews, site visits, surveys, document analysis, workshops, process analysis.
- Facilitate the chartering of new initiatives by working with business leaders to help them articulate their objectives and desired business outcomes, and to define scope.
- Develop artifacts such as Business Requirements Document, Functional Requirements, Technical Requirements, Process Flow Diagrams, Gap Analysis, and Use Cases to efficiently convey requirements.
- Work with Business Stakeholders, Operations Teams, Technical SMEs, External Vendors and Leadership to ensure that the solution provided align with the business requirements and business objectives.
- Perform process and gap analysis to ensure compatibility and interoperability of processes and systems.
- Handle relationships with partners to achieve project goals and provide continued support to leaders to ensure successful adaptation of the initiative.
- Support the user acceptance testing and facilitate the feedback to External Vendor as part of the iterative solution development process.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
- Provide orientation and inputs into process and system training material.
- Perform continued evaluations of end user adoption and work with end users to find opportunities for business process improvements.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or completion of a Post-secondary Diploma in Computer Science.
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience (systems analyst, business analyst, design, application development and/or technical support) with confirmed ability to lead a business team through a process and systems change.
- Demonstrable experience in eliciting requirements for at least one core operations process such as order to invoice, procure to pay, product lifecycle management, material resource planning, or manufacturing.
- Experience from an engineering or manufacturing heavy industry is an asset but not a must.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- As a natural and self-driven teammate, develops a friendly, team-oriented workplace where employees work safely and efficiently together.
- Strength in collaboration and relationship building, maintains a healthy, open and trusting workplace, with integrity and accountability.
- With a passion for service excellence and business enablement, ability to deliver on work products that provide measureable business benefit.
- A detailed understanding of how business works, and continually develops business acumen through learning and training.
- Demonstrable skills in the development of business requirements, functional requirements, technical requirements, process flows, gap analyses and use cases. Formal methodology training in these areas is an asset.
- Demonstrable experience with business process redesign, including development of as-is and to-be states.
- Good knowledge of Change Management, Project Management and Process Improvement principles.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted