Data Architect, Applications and Data Integration
With the aim of crafting a digital shipyard, Seaspan is growing its focus on quality data architecture throughout its applications landscape. The Data Architect, Applications and Data Integration, role is suitable for a seasoned data management professional who started their career as an application developer before transitioning into a data SME. The Data Architect, Applications and Data Integration, will lead all aspects of application and integration data architecture. A suitable candidate must be diligent to the structure and flow of data between systems, the rules governing data movement, master data authoring and data access.
- Use deep understanding of the importance of Master Data Management, Business Rules, Data Trigger Points, Data Inputs and Outputs, Process Design and Data Security to design data architectures that are of the highest quality to deliver accurate data solutions that minimizes unnecessary ETL during Analytics processing.
- Architect, design, and implement sophisticated data integrations between a variety of business systems.
- Lead as a data application and integration subject matter expert for all improvements and new system implementations.
- Create detailed technical and architectural documentation from conceptual to physical architectures using recognized OLTP Data Modelling techniques and principles.
- Work closely with Business and Systems Analysts or other developers and architects to interpret functional requirements into long-term sustainable data architectures.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our current architecture and integrations and provide ideas for improvement, unification and simplification in a more structured catalogued manner i.e. build once and reuse many times.
- Design short term solutions to achieve immediate goals while preparing a long-term application data architecture roadmap.
- Work with internal partners to provide architectural recommendations and guidance and departmental presentations.
- Act as the prime domain expert for internal/external partners.
- Create and handle key architecture assets for the designated portfolio and business scope.
- Develop and recommend productivity aids to accelerate delivery.
- Ensure sound and robust architecture and provides sufficient guidance for the successful implementation of solutions to mitigate negative enterprise technology and budget impacts.
- Participate in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture and API design.
- Identify and research relevant technologies, performs proofs of concept / prototypes, and recommends the applications of such technologies for future product architecture.
- Establish standards and build a framework for relational data modelling to harmonize data structures across various applications where business processes are shared by various systems.
Education & Experience
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in multiple areas such as cloud application implementation, application development, application integration, business analysis, and Relational Data modelling for OLTP systems.
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on experience as application and data integration developer for COTS ERP applications, Cloud Applications and Custom-built applications.
- Minimum 3 years of experience architecting and building sophisticated application integrations and data architectures designs.
- Solid grasp of Analytics Data Modelling, ETL and Data Warehousing and the efficiency of designed source systems and integrations.
- Strong Industry Data Models knowledge and experience in manufacturing and heavy engineering industries.
- Experience applying TOGAF or other architectural frameworks is an asset.
- Solid grasp of APIs, microservices, and all integration patterns connecting cloud and on-premise applications.
- Solid grasp of Azure Fundamentals.
- DMBOK certification required.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Demonstrated experience helping businesses transition from old to new systems where data take-on, data migration, data structure design, reference data models, vendor data model assessments and data gap analysis were activities that you performed as Data Architecture lead.
- Has a deep understanding and demonstrated experience in the importance of Master Data Management and Authoring in designing data architectures spanning multiple systems.
- Experience designing, documenting and communicating solution architectures and integrations for sophisticated business applications.
- Experience modelling conceptual, logical, and technical architectures using a variety of architecture tools.
- Demonstrated ability to explain sophisticated technical solutions to varying audiences, spanning from non-technical Executives to less experienced technical team members.
- Ability to champion integration methodologies (REST API led architecture) throughout the company.
- Ability to be proactive when determining tasks and taking care of issues and challenges.
- Solution Architecture experience to aid application and process design conversations.
- Agile Development Practices and DevOps.
- Azure Data Integration or Biztalk experience will be an added advantage.
- Data Ontology formation to drive consensus in an organization about the definition and purpose of various data entities before cataloguing these for standardized business use.
- Data modelling skills, and proficiency with SQL (i.e. T-SQL, PL/SQL) JSON.
- Experience with at least one programming language, such as C#, Java, Go, Python etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required for this position.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted