Accuracy Control Technologist (Afternoon Shift)
The Accuracy Control Technologist (afternoon shift) is responsible for carrying out Accuracy Control activities. The position provides technical oversight and direction for dimensional accuracy control of structural and outfit systems. The position participates in the development of build strategies used for construction, floor. The Accuracy Control Technologist analyses data and helps to develop plans for improvement of product accuracy.
Duties and Accountabilities
• Implements all accuracy control activities for new construction and repair projects at Seaspan Shipyards.
• Responsible and accountable for planning and delivering their work scope in a safe and timely manner to the highest quality and resolving issues as required
• Produces and signs final inspection reports that are deliverable as objective quality evidence to the customer.
• Develops, implements, monitors, and continuously provides input to improve the Accuracy Control Program.
• Measures and performs analysis of accuracy data. Reports results to Accuracy Control Manager.
• Provides liaison support to production trade personnel for the execution of accuracy control procedures by providing technical guidance.
• Helps to develop work instructions and measuring strategy.
• Performs additional duties as assigned.
• BCIT diploma in Geomatics or equivalent Surveying measuring background or Red seal trade papers.
• 5-8 years accuracy control experience in a shipyard or complex manufacturing industry, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
• Proficient in the use of Total Stations and surveying software.
• Knowledge of accuracy control techniques, procedures.
• Technical skills including the ability to read and interpret technical specification and drawings.
• Verbal communication skills with demonstrated ability to communicate with a range of workers from union employees to managerial level employees.
• Technical writing skills.
• Customer service focus.
• Demonstrated initiative, creativity and integrity.
• Advanced computer skills including Word/Excel/PowerPoint/CAD.
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and problem solve.
• Good judgment and reasoning skills.
• Ability to work with limited direction.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.