Casual Security Guard
The security guard is the first point of contact for vehicle traffic for employees, visitors, customers and suppliers attending all Pemberton sites. The primary focus is to ensure appropriate security access has been provided and duties include greeting and directing visitors.
- Controls the access of personnel, suppliers, customers and other visitors on site ensuring that visitors are accurately signed in and out of the premises.
- Undertakes regular security patrols of the site ensuring that any security issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Provides access to stores, tool crib and secured areas to shipyard personnel when required.
- Responsible for video CCTV monitoring
- Responsible for fire system monitoring for all buildings
- Responsible for monitoring parking lots, e-ticketing and general parking issues
- Assists the ERT
- Deals with management of the yard evacuation list
- Responsible for phone communications after hours for Vancouver Shipyards.
- Shifts may occur anytime 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Education and Experience
- Completion of Grade 12 education or equivalent, supplemented by 3-5 years of security proven experience preferably in a shipyard or marine environment.
- Completion of First Aid Level 2 or 3 training is essential.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and a Security Workers License.
Skills, Knowledge, and Required Proficiencies
- Sophisticated digital literacy
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing, work with minimal direction and make independent decisions.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities.
Note: Unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies will not be accepted