Requirements and Acceptance Specialist
The Requirements and Acceptance Specialist is responsible for the elicitation, tracking and acceptance of requirements during the new construction vessel program, designed and constructed under the NSPS NC Package Programs. This role ensures successful handover and project close out for new build vessels, seeks understanding of contractual requirements by the relevant partners and delivers on acceptance evidence that objectively demonstrates that the work has been completed in accordance with the contract and the Ship Specification for new construction vessels.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Liaises with various partners to support the dynamic acceptance process on new build vessels.
- Advises senior management on critical matters related to Requirements and Acceptance criteria in order to achieve contract compliance.
- Assists in wording and writing of requirements during the construction of contracts.
- Assists with the definition and implementation of Acceptance Strategies for each vessel.
- Elicits explicit, implicit and derived requirements from all contractual documentation, ensuring all are clearly understood by Seaspan and the customer.
- Ensures all customer requirements are mapped to the correct OQE.
- Participates in deliverable review meetings with the customer (and Classification Society if required) to discuss submission of OQEs and address customer comments.
- Ensures customer sign-off of requirements on the basis of dynamic acceptance.
- Prepares OQE, supporting documentation, and Test Plans for Customer approval and schedule witnesses when required to meet the acceptance schedule and avoid delays.
- Prepares an Acceptance Statement prior to delivery of the vessel to the customers to show the status of all work with respect to submission and sign-off.
- Assembles and updates the Requirements Traceability Matrix and Contract Compliance Matrix for the vessel for explicit, implicit and derived requirements. This includes identification of OQEs and their owners, due date and the identification of completed requirements.
- Interface and work with Class for any regulatory certification requirements during the build phase. Track all Class comments during the build phase and ensure these are addressed and closed.
- Compares proposed and approved changes (EC, AWR, CCP and Contract Waivers and Deviations) to requirements and actions those that are impacted.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant subject area (IT, Engineering or Business preferred).
- PMP Certification preferred.
- 5-7 years of proven track record with sophisticated engineering projects involving diverse partners or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Quality or Test & Trials deliver experience is advantageous.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Proficiencies
- Knowledge of program management and project management skills and knowledge of requirements and acceptance management.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and initiative to plan and execute the requirements and acceptance activities and schedule.
- Customer service skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- interpersonal skills including analytical and problem solving skills.
- Digital literacy including a knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Technical skills and understanding of modern shipbuilding design, procurement and production techniques are desirable.
- Knowledge of Aras and IFS is an asset.
- Ability to be persistent, multi-task and prioritize work.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.