Applications Support Analyst II
The Applications Support Analyst II is key in maintaining operational excellence of live business systems by working with team members and directly supporting end users with appropriate urgency and priority, and in contributing to the design and development new system functionality to suit Seaspan’s growing needs.
A leader in presence and technical capability, the Applications Support Analyst II has a strong bias for service excellence, team collaboration and implementing systems that ensure strong user adoption and business outcomes.
- First, and foremost, ensure business operational excellence by working independently or with other teams including the vendor to resolve production issues, identifying trends or root cause behaviours for recurring application issues or integration errors.
- As a primary function of the role, consistently provide stellar end-user support by achieving outstanding service levels and maintaining good relationships through incident resolution, administration functions such as security changes and batch uploads, request prioritization and delivery, system user training, and process change management.
- On a regular schedule, perform preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software, and so on.
- Actively and regularly develop artifacts such as Incident Reports, and solving Knowledge Articles.
- As required, provide emergency production support, collaborating closely with end users, other IT teams and vendors to fix and provide solutions.
- For simple or out-of-the box system changes, work with users and vendors to clarify and document requirements using techniques such as interviews, site visits, process analysis, and proactively make solution recommendations.
- Collaborate closely with appropriate individuals for project testing including development of test scripts, participate in securing and coordinating testing resources, compile test completion metrics for test script execution (including stress tests and user acceptance testing).
- Demonstrate quality excellence in the execution and documentation of work showing a balance of technical and business knowledge, and communication with end users.
- Participate in the rollout of process improvements; proactively identify and make suggestions for new improvements.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, or completion of a Post-secondary Diploma in Computer Science.
- A minimum of 3-5 years’ related work experience in systems analysis and application
- Demonstrated experience in support of MRP or ERP applications
- Experience and knowledge of various types of Bills of Material (ex; aBoM, mBoM, etc.)
- Preference for experience with integrations between PLM and MRP toolsets
- Preference for experience in both on-premise and SaaS applications development
- Preference for experience with developing and maintaining interfaces for both on-premise and SaaS applications.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- As a natural leader, fosters a friendly, collaborative workplace where employees work safely and efficiently together.
- With a passion for service excellence and business enablement, demonstrable ability to deliver on work products that provide measureable business benefit.
- A developing understanding of how the business works, and continually develops business acuity through learning and training.
- Knowledge of troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages and relational databases, such as PL SQL and Oracle database.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.