Business Systems Support Analyst II (Power Apps)
The Business Systems Support Analyst II (Power Apps) maintains operational excellence of Seaspan’s live business systems, responding to user needs with appropriate urgency and priority. This person will use Power Apps, Power Automate, and Power BI to develop solutions, and will support and empower citizen development use of the Power Platform tools. The successful candidate will participate in the creation and maintenance of Power Platform standard methodologies for security and design. In addition to Power Platform, this role contributes to the design, implementation, and support of new system functionality to suit Seaspan’s growing needs.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Identifies trends or root cause behaviours for recurring application issues or integration errors. Works with various partners and vendors to resolve production issues.
- Provide end-user support and maintains relationships through incident resolution.
- Performs administration functions such as security changes and batch uploads. Prioritizes requests and delivers system user training and process change management.
- Preforms preventative maintenance, including the installation of service packs, patches, hot fixes, anti-virus software etc.
- Produces incident reports and solving knowledge articles.
- Provides emergency production support; collaborating closely with end users, other IT teams and vendors to fix and provide solutions.
- For simple or out-of-the box system changes, works with users and vendors to clarify and document requirements using techniques such as interviews, site visits, process analysis, and proactively make solution recommendations.
- Liaises with various partners to coordinate project testing including development of test scripts, and compiling test completion metrics for test script execution.
- Participates in the rollout of process improvements; proactively identifies and makes suggestions for new improvements.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or completion of a Post-secondary Diploma in Computer Science.
- 3 - 5 years of related work experience (systems analysis, application development and support, operations support, service desk).
- Experience in supporting at least one core operations process such as order to invoice, procure to pay, product lifecycle management, material resource planning, or manufacturing.
- Experience in designing and maintaining interfaces for both on-premise and SaaS applications preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Passion for service excellence and business enablement, as well as the demonstrable ability to deliver on work products that provide measurable business benefit.
- Understanding of how the business works, and continually develops business acuity through learning and training.
- Understanding of troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Technical knowledge of programming languages and relational databases, such as .Net, Java, C#, SharePoint, Oracle and SQL Server.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.