We are looking for a technology savvy, natural relationship builder who is keen to make a difference while working in a fast paced, encouraging environment. Our Talent Acquisition team is a strategic partner to the business and is tasked with finding top talent from around the world and locally and internally to support the exciting projects underway across Seaspan.
Reporting to the Director, Talent Acquisition and Mobility, the successful Candidate will work in partnership with Hiring Managers and the Talent Acquisition team to develop and execute recruitment strategies that result in a robust talent pipeline of Candidates who exhibit and fit with Seaspan’s Core Competencies. The Recruiter is responsible for finding talent using leading attraction and sourcing techniques as well as leading the full cycle recruitment process from Candidate selection through to onboarding.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Identifies and deploys a variety of sourcing methods based on functional expertise and market knowledge to source and attract talent.
- Liaises with Hiring Managers throughout the recruitment process, to develop accurate competency requirements, position specifications, and Candidate profiles.
- Performs skilled assessment of Candidates. Examines whether the Candidates possess the right skills, proficiencies, behaviors, and cultural fit. Chairs Candidate feedback sessions with Hiring Managers and provides informed rationale.
- Acts as a primary interface with Candidates ensuring an improved Candidate experience through professional negotiation.
- Maintains detailed records in the Applicant Tracking System (Taleo Business Edition) and recruitment files and prepares comprehensive written reviews to Hiring Managers on interviewed or screened candidates.
- Supports various strategic projects.
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Business or Human Resources or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- 5 plus years of full cycle recruiting experience ideally with technical roles.
- Experience with both agency and corporate recruitment preferred.
- Experience working in heavy industry, including unionized environment considered an asset
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Technical expertise in candidate assessment techniques, screening a large volume of Candidates, sourcing strategies, web-based social media sourcing and use of ATS.
- Relationship building and interpersonal skills with ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
- Mature presentation and professional communication style, to win trust and credibility at all levels of the organization and with candidates.
- Time management and organization skills with ability to balance and prioritize based on business demands with a proven attention to detail.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently.
- Customer service focus.
- Initiative, creativity and integrity.
- Computer skills including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.