Senior Compensation Specialist
The Senior Compensation Specialist is responsible for the analysis, design and implementation of competitive compensation programs which supports the overall strategy of the organization. As a lead for all compensation related activities, the incumbent provides advice, direction and guidance to employees, managers and HR professionals. This role focuses on strategic human resource solutions and implementation and continuous improvement of, base pay, incentive, and variable compensation programs and policies.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Leads the annual year-end compensation process including recommending salary increase budgets and changes to ranges; responsible for the technology platforms used to deliver the annual incentive award and merit programs; developing and implementing the communication strategy, timelines and materials; providing business and HR Business Partner support; fulfilling auditing and reporting requirements
- Analyzes market benchmark information to assess competitiveness of company’s compensation programs.
- Audits and assesses compensation data to maintain internal equity, pay equity and compliance to policies, procedures and applicable legislation.
- Works closely with Senior Executives and Consultants to modify, coordinate and deliver executive compensation programs.
- Assists with the development and coordination of materials for presentation to CAO, CEO & Board
- Leads projects and development of programs & policies by providing and implementing recommendations
- Independently handles compensation related issues and delivers solutions. Coaches internal partners on compensation-related decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Economics or Business preferred.
- 7-10 years’ experience in compensation or related role
- Professional certification (Certified Compensation Professional - CCP; Certified Human Resources Professional - CHRP; or Society of Human Resources Management - SHRM) preferred.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Proven knowledge of compensation planning, market benchmarking surveys, pay equity, incentive plans, understanding market trends and job evaluation.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required; proficient with PowerPoint and Word.
- Ability to work independently, while multi-tasking and prioritization to meet specific deadlines.
- Ability to build partnerships and work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Quantitative and analytical skills, attention to detail, demonstrated ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and skilled in manipulating data.
- Integrity and ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to analyze complex data of high quantity to effectively solve problems.
- Ability to communicate to senior leaders and use data to tell a story.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.