Change Specialist, Learning & Development - 2 Year Contractor
This is a 2-year opportunity for an agile, responsive Change Specialist Contractor to work closely with key business stakeholders across Seaspan delivering on exciting people and process change initiatives.
The Change Specialist plays a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) involving people readiness elements, meet objectives (with support and direction from the HR Leadership Development & Learning team). This person will focus on the people side of change - including strategic planning, assessments, communication, training interventions, and sustainment of the change. The main responsibility will be following the standardized change management strategies and templates that improve employee adoption and usage while minimizing resistance.
- Develops and executes change strategies and plans for multiple projects/initiatives.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, Stakeholders and Project Sponsors.
- Develops stakeholder needs analysis, pertaining to change management including engagement, training and sustainment strategies.
- Uses the appropriate change management tools and strategies to support the desired outcomes.
- Works with the Project Manager to identify strategic change management drivers, factors, and related metrics for the project.
- Builds and sustains strong working relationships with all project team members and stakeholders.
- Works with the Project Manager, Project Sponsor and Steering Committee to develop the measurement framework for people elements of a project.
- Applies structured methodology and leads people readiness activities.
- Crafts impactful results for change management levers: communications, training plan, performance support plan and resistance management plan.
- Contributes to project plans and budget, as related to project change management initiatives, training, engagement and other activities.
- Coordinates efforts with the Project Manager and the other Change Management Specialist to ensure adequate prioritization to facilitate efficient implementation timelines.
- Ensures quality and completeness of the project change management initiatives.
- Liaises with external vendor team(s) as it relates to change management and training.
- Completes project documentation as it pertains to change management requirements, training plans, communication plans and other documents as defined in the project plan.
- Works with the vendor, project team and/or HR Leadership Development & Learning team to ensure adequate training and performance assets are developed to support the rollout and sustainability of the initiative.
- Defines and measures project performance indicators and takes appropriate corrective action as pertains to people readiness needs.
- Conducts post-implementation reviews to ensure continuous improvement and learning.
- Keeps current with trends and issues in the people readiness/organizational change industry.
- Assists the HR Leadership Development & Learning team with other initiatives as necessary.
- Work schedule is anticipated to be 2-3 days working in the office with the other 2-3 days working remotely. Needs to have flexibility to be in the office when the projects and Stakeholders require.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- A University Degree in Business Administration, Management, Human Resources, Talent, Learning and Development or related area.
- At least two (2) years of experience in Change Management/Talent/HR and proven experience in program/project management.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in an Agile and/or Waterfall environment (medium-to-large scale initiatives) using influence to facilitate outcomes.
- At least one (1) year working on medium-to-high complexity IT, Talent or Learning and Development initiatives that span an organization.
- Prosci or other change management certification or designation is an asset.
- Proof of the following documentation is required:
- Certificate of incorporation
- Certificate of insurance
- Worksafe BC coverage
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Strong resourcefulness and ability to work and thrive in fast-paced ambiguous environments.
- Sound knowledge of project management approaches (particularly Agile), tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
- Proven experience being resilient, collaborative, team oriented, and comfortable managing relationships across the organization in a wide range of roles and at differing levels across an organization.
- Solid experience communicating sophisticated information and concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive management to support decision making (written and verbal).
- Experience in problem-solving, change management, budget development, financial management, and risk management.
- Natural communicator and facilitator with strong influential consulting skills.
- Forward-looking with a broad approach.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills.
- Acute eye for business and understanding of organizational issues and challenges.
- Demonstrated ongoing career development through active and self-motivated professional development in the field of change management.
- Expertise with Microsoft Project (or alternative Project Management Software), Microsoft Office.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.