The Business Technology Solutions team within Seaspan ULC is hiring in its Data Analytics team for an Azure Analytics Data Architect who will be integral to crafting, developing and expanding data lake and analytics solutions for the organization.
- Design and construct Data Lake ingestion and staging of corporate data sources for Analytics purposes using Azure Data Factory
- Design and implement Data Lake lifecycle processes that support effective data provisioning capabilities to feed Analytics requirements, ingest IOT data sources and support Machine Learning requirements.
- Design and implement ETL routines using Azure Databricks to load transformed data into the Data/Delta Lake
- Design, build and extend a Data Warehouse solution to form the foundation of Seaspan’s Analytics capability making use of Synapse serverless views
- Design Power data models with a focus on standardized data sets, calculations and definitions to support Power BI report development by Analytics end users
- Work closely with Power BI report creators empowering them to map reports to standardized data models that are under pinned by the Data Lake solution
- Mentor and set standards for Data Engineers who will form part of the Analytics team to ensure quality and sustainability of the new Azure landscape being implemented
- Craft and maintain code and component repositories to track and sustain critical elements of the Analytics stack that drives quality and versioning during the development lifecycle
- Deliver and plan all Analytics change activities using a Devops approach, making use of Azure Devops tools
- Design, build and extend IOT Stream Analytics data feeds that can be consumed within the Data Lake for analytics modelling purposes
- Proactively recommend improvements in the data and analytics space and innovative approaches to address potential systemic difficulties and technical debt
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related field.
- 10+ years of business data warehouse and analytics/BI architecture, design and development experience across multiple technologies and analytics platforms
- Must be excellent at dimensional modelling, demonstrating industry standards such as Kimball design methodology
- Understands the value of assessing data quality and its impact on delivering analytics solutions that are either robust dynamically built for the long term or more tactical to provide a more immediate solution with a view to become the former over the long run
- At least two years of additional analytics development experience using Azure analytics components such as Data Lake, Azure Data Factory, Data Bricks, Azure Synapse, and Power BI Service.
- Nice to have machine learning capabilities within a cloud data warehouse environment
- A differentiator of having implemented predictive analytics models and what the business associated business impact has been since implementation
- Evidence and experience implementing Azure Stream Analytics for IOT data analytics purposes. This should include having modelled the streamed data for data model consumption
- Exposure to practical Data science in a business context will definitely be an added advantage
- Experience in delivering analytics development within a Devops environment with excellence shown in backlog planning, building, testing and delivery, CI/CD pipelines
- Understands the value of a well designed and documented Analytics environment with attention to detail regarding architecture design, requirements documentation, version control and business continuity all forming part of how solutions must be delivered
- Advanced Python data engineering coding experience is a must for handling complex data transformations in Databricks
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.