The CAD Administrator is responsible to support the end users of the CAD and integration tools from the initial design to project completion.
This will include the execution of the maintenance and implementation tasks as required. The CAD Administrator will also be responsible to monitor processes, generate reports, and provide training for implemented processes and CAD tools in use by the end users. The CAD administrator will also support the development or improvements to the CAD tools and processes in use to meet current and future needs of the business. This will include the development, implementation and maintenance of the CAD tools, CAD tools integration with other current and future systems, development and implementation of processes related to the CAD environment, CAD templates, CAD standards, CAD part catalogues, libraries, and system specifications.
- Support the CAD software implementation / integration with all VSY systems
- Support for CAD database setup / management / administration
- Maintain / update / tailor CAD library, CAD parts catalogues, system specifications, CAD templates, CAD standards
- Support the CAD configuration control (model / MI), and data consistency with all VSY systems (e.g. ARAS / IFS, …etc)
- Develop, generate or produce automatic extraction of CAD reports to support business needs
- Provide CAD training and technical support to end users
- Contribute to the development of strategies, processes, procedures, and WI to improve efficiency and quality in the use of CAD tools with the end users.
- Develop, implement, and monitor customs tools / macros to enhance system functionality and improve overall performance
- Find opportunities and recommendations for growing workflow efficiencies.
- Support Digital Twin development and requirements
- Monitor performance of the CAD hardware and software systems in use by the end users across the business.
- Report resource and capability requirements to the Cad administration Manager.
- Identify training needs, process improvements and development opportunities to ensure current and future team efficiency.
Education and Experience
- Associate degree in CAD, engineering, a related field, or equivalent
- Experience working with a variety of computer-aided design software, as well as excellent technical, analytical, and organizational skills.
- Experience in Detailed Design in Shipbuilding or related field is highly preferred
- 3-5 years 2D/3D CAD experience
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Demonstrated effective communication across a variety of cultures
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to develop solutions to complex technical CAD problems
- Good analytical skills to gather and analyze/synthesize data, confirming its accuracy and adequacy as an integral part of the business
- Strong technical writing skills including the ability to produce and present clear detailed written technical specifications, procedures, and reports
- Technical knowledge and marine engineering skills – cross-discipline expertise with design, detail planning, production, piping, structure, nesting and 3D models
- Demonstrated knowledge of 3D CAD tools (ShipConstructor and/or Cadmatic), and AutoCAD software, document control systems and SQL database management.
- Demonstrated knowledge with Navisworks, OneDrive and SharePoint
- Experience in MSSQL and CAD scripting languages, LISP, Diesel, SQL, VBA considered an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Exercise good judgments and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job functions and corporate philosophy
- Advanced PC and Network proficiency required – ability to fix network, licenses, version control across all MSOffice products and LISP programming
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.