Casual Security Guard
The Security Guard is the first point of contact for vehicle traffic for employees, visitors, customers and suppliers attending all Vancouver Shipyards sites. The primary focus is greeting and directing visitors and ensuring appropriate security access has been provided.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Controls the access of personnel, suppliers, customers and other visitors on site ensuring that visitors are accurately signed in and out of the premises.
- Undertakes regular security patrols of the site ensuring that any security issues are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Provides access to stores, tool crib and secured areas to shipyard personnel when required.
- Responsible for video CCTV monitoring.
- Responsible for fire system monitoring for all buildings.
- Responsible for monitoring parking lots, ticketing and general parking issues.
- Assists the ERT.
- Deals with management of the yard evacuation list.
- Responsible for phone communications after hours for Vancouver Shipyards.
- Shifts may occur anytime 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Completion of Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of security proven experience preferably in a shipyard or marine environment.
- Completion of First Aid Level 2 or 3 training.
- Valid Driver’s License and a Security Workers License.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Advanced computer skills.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with a minimal direction and exercise sound judgement.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.