Logistic Support Manager - (Vancouver or Victoria, B.C.)
The Logistic Support Analysis (LSA) Manager delegates, manages and creates all required analysis in support of the LSA function and support to the vessel project manager
The LSA Manager reporting to the ILS Manager is responsible to manage and delegate tasks to supply the vessel internal customer, ILS Project Manager, with the activities related to the development of Logistic Support Analysis. The LSA Manager delegates to, and collaborates with the wider VSY, performing the LSA functions. The LSA Manager partakes, delegates, and guides the design process of all products relevant to maintainability, reliability, testability by optimizing of life cycle costs through the definition of required resources to support the product, during in-service operation. The LSA Manager Prepares the following analysis in:
- Reliability Maintainability and Availability
- Reliability – The ability to perform a specific function and may be given as design reliability or operational reliability.
- Availability – The ability to keep a functioning state in the given environment.
- Maintainability – The ability to be timely and easily maintained (including servicing, inspection and check, repair and / or modification).
- Configuration Management
- Establishing and maintaining consistency of a product's performance, functional, and physical attributes with its requirements, design, and operational information throughout the operational life.
- Utilise the maintenance planning process for the development of the maintenance concept. Develop the maintenance concept to evolve and establish requirements and tasks to be accomplished for achieving, restoring, and maintaining the operational capability for the life of the system.
- Material Supply and Management
- Supply support encompassing all management actions, procedures, and techniques necessary to determine requirements for acquisition of support items and spare parts.
- Packaging, Handling, Storage and Transportation
- Resources and procedures to ensure that all equipment and support items are preserved, packaged, marked, handled, transported, and stored properly for short- and long-term requirements.
- Support and Test Equipment
- Analysis to identify support and test equipment including all equipment, mobile and fixed, required to perform the support functions.
- Create and manage schedule and budget
- Participate and chair meetings and forums as well as development and support required.
- Control and achieve quality for all deliveries and communication conducted
Education and Experience
- An Engineering degree, or Equivalent Experience.
- Project Management Professional designation is desirable.
- Above average Microsoft Office application experience, communications and interpersonal skills are required for this position.
- Background in marine systems and equipment is desirable.
- Knowledge of OmegaPS considered a plus.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills.
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office products, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong attention to detail.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.