Business Analyst II
The Business Analyst guides information systems strategies to identify and document business outcomes. This role contributes to the improvement of business information systems solutions to ensure their sustainability and translates the solution architecture and detailed requirements into a functional design.
Duties and Accountabilities
- Collects and analyzes process data to deliver business practices and procedures that focus on increased efficiency, reduced cost and enhanced customer service.
- Produces documentation of business, functional, reporting and technical requirements using techniques such as interviews, site visits, surveys, document analysis, workshops and process analysis.
- Develops sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements.
- Supports business leaders in specifying business objectives and desired outcomes and helps them to define the scope.
- Produces documentation for process flow diagrams, gap analysis, and use cases that meet business requirements and align with the solution architecture.
- Works with business leaders and external vendors to ensure that the solution provided align with the business requirements and business objectives.
- Carries out diagnosis and documentation of processes and systems gaps to ensure their compatibility and interoperability.
- Supports the user acceptance testing and facilitates the feedback to External Vendor as part of the iterative solution development process.
- Coordinates and performs in-depth tests and other post-implementation support for modified and new systems, including end-user reviews.
- Collaborates on knowledge transfer and continuously evaluates end user adoption. Works with end users to find opportunities for business process improvements.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or completion of a Post-secondary Diploma in Computer Science.
- Formal training in develop of business requirements, functional requirements, technical requirements, process flows, gap analyses and use cases is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of related work experience (systems analyst, business analyst, design, application development and/or technical support) with proven ability to lead a business team through a process and systems change.
- Experience in eliciting requirements for at least one core operations process such as order to invoice, procure to pay, inventory management, safety or quality management, or asset and personnel scheduling (transportation or logistics industry preferred).
- Experience in business process redesign, including development of as-is and to-be states.
Skills, Knowledge and Required Competencies
- Knowledge of Change Management, Project Management and Process Improvement principles.
- Dedicated teammate, who is recognized as a positive influence in the workplace.
- Expert communicator with strength in collaboration and relationship building.
- Passion for service excellence and business enablement.
- Ability to deliver on work products that provide measurable business benefits.
- Ability to develop business requirements, functional requirements, technical requirements, process flows, gap analyses and use cases.
- Analytical and synthesizing skills with ability to prioritize complex technical issues.
Seaspan is committed to Employment Equity, supports diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals including, women, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, and persons with disabilities. Furthermore, we are committed to providing an inclusive and accessible environment. If you require reasonable accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know, and we will work with you to support your request.